100+ Posts
    • Dec 2007

C6500 Image Problem

Attached Files
  • Stirton.M
    All things Konica Minolta
    1,000+ Posts
    • Oct 2009

In tech rep, under process adjustment, select "Recall standard data", select factory and press yes.

Then back up one level to Drum Peculiarity Adj., select Automatic drum potential and Auto gamma adjustment.

That "should" help correct the issue.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Comment

• seniortech
      Trusted Tech
      100+ Posts
      • Dec 2007

Thanks Stirton. M

lLooks like you have seen this one before. Can you explain in a little detail what is causing the problem, Is it that residual current left on the drums is causing an electric (ghost) effect?

Comment

• Stirton.M
        All things Konica Minolta
        1,000+ Posts
        • Oct 2009

I am not certain what may be the ultimate cause...it could be simply hardware memory related, a quirk with the erase lamp, or as you posited, excess residual charge that the erase lamp might not have been able to deal with in one stroke.

Of course, this may not resolve your problem, it is just one of several approaches to correcting image issues...

Did you try this and did it correct the problem?
        "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
        ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
        I will not answer requests or questions there.
        Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Comment

• HORSE
          Trusted Tech
          100+ Posts
          • Mar 2008

They will do that.

Similar to the old Transfer Ratio Trick.
          Attached Files
          Laughing......

Comment

• seniortech
            Trusted Tech
            100+ Posts
            • Dec 2007

Thanks Horse

Already tried this...didn't work, have to visit this machine again probably in the middle of next week. Machine is a couple of hours drive away so I want to go well prepared with a firm action plan or parts to try and resolve the fault. What I an not prepared to do is just throw parts at the machine until the fault disappears! At the moment apart from what you and Stirton have both suggested I haven't a clue what I should do to try and reslove this fault. Going to get the file run out on another machine to check if the problem is with the file, but gut instinct tells me that this is engine related, other ideas or suggestions all greatfully received.

Many thanks

Comment

• seniortech
              Trusted Tech
              100+ Posts
              • Dec 2007

Got the file tested on another machine today, came out perfect, I now know it's an engine fault

Comment

• tervel12
                Technician
                50+ Posts
                • Dec 2008

What is the distance between the image and the ghost image? Looks like about 58mm on my monitor, but not sure if your file was scanned at 100% or if it was enlarged/reduced.

Comment

• Chromatik
                  Technician
                  50+ Posts
                  • Aug 2010

unclear points here, it would be important to know what is the meaning of the direction of the posters here (Mainscan / Subscan?) also can see the whole image, an image appears unreliable.

In any case seems to have a problem with the stabilization control is so erase lamps do not work properly, if so after a certain number of impressions you would see this repeated throughout the image area.

Another question: is this the first Print? or what? is a copy or Print?.

Anyway banding of Halftoning has no relation to what this picture shows.

Comment

• Herrmann
                    Senior Tech
                    Site Contributor
                    500+ Posts
                    • Jan 2006

how old are the drums? if they have too much mileage, they are getting "tired" , resulting in residual charge remainig on the drum
                    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Comment

Working...