• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • landspeeder
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Feb 2010

Static and a Konica BizHub 7145

My customer walked over to her Bizhub 7145 and a huge static spark left her finger tips and went into the keyboard and the machine shut off. They have a large office and all heard the snap...cool!!

So when you turn the copier on it starts up , runs for a minute, starts to cycle, display goes dim and it shuts down. Does the same in service mode.

Any ideas and also I need part numbers for the control panel, logic board, power supply, memory, hard drive etc.

Is it worth fixing?

Thanks
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!
  • minimerlin
    Senior Tech
    Site Contributor
    500+ Posts
    • Nov 2007

Insurance job!!
    Please do not PM me without asking first.

Comment

• landspeeder
      Trusted Tech
      250+ Posts
      • Feb 2010

can you sorta say what you feel in more detail so I can tell the client...
      thanks much appreciated
      You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
      if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Comment

• mrwho
        Major Asshole!
        Site Contributor
        2,500+ Posts
        • Apr 2009

The machine surely is not connected to a properly earthed outlet. The customer who gave the spark must've had a lot of static electricity (woolen clothing, carpeting and so on) and it must've damaged something on the machine, although I never heard of anything of that magnitude.

Check the electrical installation and then worry about the machine.
        ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
        Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Comment

• kingarthur
          Service Manager
          1,000+ Posts
          • Feb 2008

I had this problem once with cash registers in a shop...they complained that everytime they went to touch the drawer base, they got an "electric shock", it never once happened to me..found out eventually that they had a new carpet & the staff couldn't be bothered to lift up their feet properly, they picked up so much static that the next metal object they touched, yes the cash register drawer, they discharged themselves through it .
          Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Comment

• BIG PAPA
            Da Boss
            100+ Posts
            • Jan 2010

Had the same thing happen on a machine from that series. Just took out the display. So I would start there.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...