• Apr 2008

C280 not using fax prefix

• pepper38_cnd
    Field Service Manager
    Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Aug 2005

Re: C280 not using fax prefix

As silly as this sounds I believe that all the KonicaMinolta Fax cards only put the prefix in front of programmed speed dials. Manually dialed numbers they expect you to add it yourself.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Comment

• lanierboy
      Trusted Tech
      100+ Posts
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by pepper38_cnd
      As silly as this sounds I believe that all the KonicaMinolta Fax cards only put the prefix in front of programmed speed dials. Manually dialed numbers they expect you to add it yourself.
      Hi

the machine is not setting the prefix for any numbers, it just ignores the setting, I have never had to put a 99 before a number before only 0 or 9 but the guide says 99 should be ok

Comment

• pepper38_cnd
        Field Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Aug 2005

There is caution in the FK-502 Service Manual that tells you you must unset the fax option after turning on Prefix and the reset it. Have you done that?

FK-502Prefix.jpg
        Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
        Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Comment

• lanierboy
          Trusted Tech
          100+ Posts
          • Apr 2008

Hi All,

found the answer in the end, if you have a prefix for the fax option, when entering the number you need to place an "e" before the number then the machine knows to use the prefix. ie e01234567898.

thanks

Comment

Working...