Duplicators?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank

Duplicators?

Anyone still working on duplicators, I worked on the years ago and have been out of the biz for a while, I\'m thinking of picking up a few in my spare time. I\'m looking for a source for gestetner parts and possibly some future advice.
  • hawkfan12
    Technician

50+ Posts
    • Feb 2005

Reuplicators?

I have not touhed one in about 2 1/2 years, thank god. MOst have upgraded to a hig volume copier since the CPC on the big stuff has dropped.

JUST SAY NO TO INK!

Comment

• daveh
      Technician
      • May 2005

Reuplicators?

Yes... Duplo. I\'m actually starting to like working on them....sure helps to wear gloves. B)

Comment

• carlosl

Reuplicators?

To keep it safe stick to riso or duplo, icohs latest models were not as good as the older ones. riso suplies can be found easy but not so for the duplo.

good luck.

Comment

• Lance
          Technician

50+ Posts
          • Jan 2005

Reuplicators?

Frank wrote:
          Anyone still working on duplicators, I worked on the years ago and have been out of the biz for a while, I\'m thinking of picking up a few in my spare time. I\'m looking for a source for gestetner parts and possibly some future advice.
          Just say no!
          I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

Comment

• paulo feio
            Technician
            • Aug 2005

Reuplicators?

Forget Gestetener. Go for Risograph. The best one so far the GR model for high volumes( it is a old model but still get parts ) and for less volume go for the CR model. RISO the Best Duplicator in the world.

Comment

• ukyo
              Technician

50+ Posts
              • Aug 2008

riso

you're right pau..

RISO RULES!!!

Comment

• hocks
                Technician
                • Sep 2008

I've had a lot of experience with Ricoh Priport over the years, but have to agree with the above posts, now that the cpc is reasonable, there is not much need for ink.

Sure, the HQ versions of the duplicators produce great results, but nothing that a connected 60ppm machin cant do at the same price with more versatility!

Comment

• Jimbo1
                  Senior Tech

500+ Posts
                  • Mar 2008

Good God man! I would rather deliver pizzas on the weekend than get back into those nasty things. Course I worked on Gesteners(Ricoh) so filthy is going to be what you get.

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Comment

• Phil
                    Technician
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by paulo feio
                    Forget Gestetener. Go for Risograph. The best one so far the GR model for high volumes( it is a old model but still get parts ) and for less volume go for the CR model. RISO the Best Duplicator in the world.
                    I work for a school district and we still have a couple of the Riso GR's, if you aren't a dealer is there some one you can go to for parts?

Comment

• pspahr
                      Toner Schlep

100+ Posts
                      • May 2008

Maybe I need drugs.....

I loved and still love the digi dupes. I've only worked on the Ricoh Priports of yore and really didn't have any issues with working with them. currently I have one in the field that I actively sought to put under contract!!!!!

Maybe I need help.............
                      VectorLinux---Check it out!

Comment

• cobiray
                        Passing Duplication Xpert

1,000+ Posts
                        • Mar 2008

They're not a bad machine in my eyes. Different than MFP's, but the older ones have alot less electronics to troubleshoot. I've never had to update the firmware to fix a problem and the bulk of the issues are timing, cleaning and worn rubber components. If you're used to mechanical troubleshooting you'll like them.
                        the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
                        Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
                        Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Comment

• kingpd@businessprints.net
                          Senior Tech

500+ Posts
                          • Feb 2008

Standard Digital Duplicators

What does everyone think about selling and servicing Standard duplicators? Aren't they made by Ricoh these days?

Comment

• vijaysharma
                            Technician

50+ Posts
                            • Sep 2008

RISO is technicaly sound machine....

Comment

• Hose1cook
                              Defective Technician

50+ Posts
                              • Jun 2008

The Standards are still made by Ricoh, I have no problems with them since they updated the screen seals a few years ago. For those of you who hate the ink, too bad you didn't work on liquid e-stats and bond copiers back in the day, then you would know what getting dirty is all about. At least duplicator ink doesn't flow like water.

Comment

Working...