• Show
Clear All
  • patterson70
    Senior Tech
    Site Contributor
    500+ Posts
    • May 2010

Konica C250 Imaging Unit Reset

Hello, I am about to install some new geniune imaging unit in a C250 and want to make sure the unit is reset to new (full bars). i think the customer was using third party units and so the above the display is says to replace the units but when I look in the Utilities area there are still many bars showing they are not needing replacement. When I put the genuine units in will this reset everything properly and make the message go away and give me full staus? If not, is there a service procedure I need to do? Thank in advance.
  • farhanali79

Re: Konica C250 Imaging Unit Reset

Originally posted by patterson70
    Hello, I am about to install some new geniune imaging unit in a C250 and want to make sure the unit is reset to new (full bars). i think the customer was using third party units and so the above the display is says to replace the units but when I look in the Utilities area there are still many bars showing they are not needing replacement. When I put the genuine units in will this reset everything properly and make the message go away and give me full staus? If not, is there a service procedure I need to do? Thank in advance.

There is a chip installed in each unit so if you put a brand new imaging unit, it will show empty bars. you don't need to reset anything

the bars show the 'usage', not the 'remaining usage'. If an IU is showing full bars and the machine is still running, it means that the IU lifestop option is manually disabled by someone in the maintenance menu

Comment

• patterson70
      Senior Tech
      Site Contributor
      500+ Posts
      • May 2010

Very helpful, thank you, I thought full bars meant it was new.

Comment

• rrrohan
        Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by patterson70
        Very helpful, thank you, I thought full bars meant it was new.
        funnily enough on the new range it does

Comment

Working...