Meaning of Consumables level indicators on konica minolta bizhub c650?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deepspace
    • Jul 2024

Meaning of Consumables level indicators on konica minolta bizhub c650?

This might be a silly one to ask but I'm looking at the LCD and the levels for the imaging units, and fusing, and transfer roller belt unit and so on... all have black bars starting from left to right to show levels--for example if "X" were black bars:

C: F XXXXXX____E
    M: F XXX_______E
    Y: F XX________E
    K: F XXXXXXXX__E

I must be loosing it because I am not comprehending why they would fill up black bars (or the "X" in my description...) starting from the "F" (as-in Full...) to the "E" as in "Empty". Filling up towards empty... ...if beer were to work that way I could be suckin the teat 24/7.

And when I print a page showing the consumables list it shows up with figures for each imaging unit like: (C) 11716... ok, 11716 what? pages printed or amount of pages left to go?

In HP print gear they indicate a total yield number possible and then the amount of pages printed from that yield--simple... it's a countdown.

Many thanks for puttin this one on the board!
  • blackcat4866
    Master Of The Obvious
    Site Contributor
    10,000+ Posts
    • Jul 2007

Re: Meaning of Consumables level indicators on konica minolta bizhub c650?

Originally posted by Deepspace
    I must be loosing it because I am not comprehending why they would fill up black bars (or the "X" in my description...) starting from the "F" (as-in Full...) to the "E" as in "Empty". Filling up towards empty... ...if beer were to work that way I could be suckin the teat 24/7.
    Comprehend or not, that's how it works. Think of it like an indicator dial moving from full to empty, then refill.

And when I print a page showing the consumables list it shows up with figures for each imaging unit like: (C) 11716... ok, 11716 what? pages printed or amount of pages left to go?
    Nope. It's minutes of running time, though KM denies that it's minutes, just units of time. When does it come due? It depends on the model & the specific unit. Some of the units are using copy count. For more information take a look at the appropriate field service manual.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• EarthKmTech
      Step aside, noob
      1,000+ Posts
      • May 2009

In the older machines such as yours - the more squares the more wear. (consumables life) Starts out with none and accumulates them as the life diminishes.

And just to confuse things, the current generation has changed things to operate more logically like a fuel gauge, starts out full of squares and then as more wear is accumulated squares disappear.

(please note I'm fully aware of how the life calculations are performed, I just tried to simplify things)

Comment

• Deepspace

KM... them squirrels... playin hide the salami w/the indicators so they can keep their techs on service contract until warranty run out . Been diggin hard for field or parts manuals on this c650 too... erbody want money for em on the web .

Computer monkey for over 25yrs... u guys help me quick n big. BIG THANKS be to all you fine folk! Not in the copy/print game myself but I hope post helps others lookin cross-eyed at their Konica Minolta . Im in Point Of Sales equip--if anyone ever needs a straight shot on a howto on that stuff drop me a line!

Thanks again.

Comment

• JustManuals
          Field Supervisor
          5,000+ Posts
          • Jan 2006

KM... them squirrels... playin hide the salami w/the indicators so they can keep their techs on service contract until warranty run out . Been diggin hard for field or parts manuals on this c650 too... erbody want money for em on the web .

Snip!.
          Manuals are tools, do you get your other tools for free?

Paul@justmanuals.com

Comment

• methogod
            Senior Tech
            Site Contributor
            500+ Posts
            • Dec 2008

C650 is a easy machine to self maintain.

just toner and imaging units.

if you need supplies, let me know.

Comment

Working...