Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gegione72
    • Aug 2013

[Misc] Need Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006

Hi, I need the Firmware Imaging Toolkit for rewrite firmware in an konicaminolta bizhub c250.
    I have try with cygwin but dont work , it dont write firmware to CF.

In the konicaminolta site the imaging toolkit is not present, if someone can send it to my email.... gegione72@libero.it

Thank you very much
  • JustManuals
    Field Supervisor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2006

Re: Need Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006

I have it but it isn't free. If interested, email me at Paul@justmanuals.com

Comment

• Mick01
      Trusted Tech
      250+ Posts
      • Nov 2012

Hi,
      Here you go
      Attached Files

Comment

• gegione72
        • Aug 2013

Thank you very much, i have rewriting firmware with toolkit , the c250 is rebirth.

Comment

• dinesh818@gmail.com
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Mick01
          Hi,
          Here you go
          thankyou very much

Comment

• Canon.Tech
            Trusted Tech
            • Mar 2009

Can I have more that one machine model firmware on one card? or can I only keep one model on each card?
            Last edited by Canon.Tech; 12-27-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Synaux
              Service Manager
              Site Contributor
              1,000+ Posts
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Canon.Tech
              Can I have more that one machine model firmware on one card? or can I only keep one model on each card?
              In theory I would say probably, in practice, I never have and most likely never will.

You can get cards on ebay for about $5-10 not really worth adding any mixup and risking a bad FW write no matter how remote in my opinion. Not sure if the Toolkit will write two FW to one card either.

Comment

• Canon.Tech
                Trusted Tech
                • Mar 2009

Thanks for your reply. You’re right CF cards are cheap. But how do I know what firmware series is the same, EG is C451 the same as what? C550,C650!?

Comment

• emujo
                  Field Supervisor
                  2,500+ Posts
                  • Jun 2009

There are specific firmware versions for each of the MFPs that use those CF cards. You can either gather the 6 needed versions and keep them in a stack, or use one card and re-write it. Just be sure to NEVER write anything but the color MFP firmware to the card or it will never work again (w/o using a special program to write 0's to the card). BTW, with over 1000 posts, how do you manage to have all those red cards? Who did you piss off? EMujo
                  If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Comment

• Canon.Tech
                    Trusted Tech
                    • Mar 2009

Cheers, thanks for the info, so basically to be safe I needto store firmware for each machine on a separate SF card? But my question ishow can I tell what firmware I have, eg what machine is it for?
                    I got red marks for supplying manuals & Canon firmwarefor free, but I prefer red to green! (apparently this site is run by sponsorswho charge!)
                    So anyone reading this message me I can supply many service& parts manuals for free. (NEVER pay for them)

Comment

• Synaux
                      Service Manager
                      Site Contributor
                      1,000+ Posts
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Canon.Tech
                      Cheers, thanks for the info, so basically to be safe I needto store firmware for each machine on a separate SF card? But my question ishow can I tell what firmware I have, eg what machine is it for?
                      I got red marks for supplying manuals & Canon firmwarefor free, but I prefer red to green! (apparently this site is run by sponsorswho charge!)
                      So anyone reading this message me I can supply many service& parts manuals for free. (NEVER pay for them)
                      Well, I simply hand-label all my CF cards the moment I write the FW to it to avoid any confusion.

Also, you can run the checksum to any FW to see if it will match in the Toolkit or cross-reference the checksum values with the pdf document that comes with the FW.

Comment

• mojtaba_5611
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by Mick01
                        Hi,
                        Here you go
                        Tank you
                        very very very very much

Comment

• Ayodeji

Please how do I use the downloaded firmware on my C550. I don't see any USB port on the system

Comment

• bungapads
                            Technician
                            50+ Posts
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by gegione72
                            Hi, I need the Firmware Imaging Toolkit for rewrite firmware in an konicaminolta bizhub c250.
                            I have try with cygwin but dont work , it dont write firmware to CF.

In the konicaminolta site the imaging toolkit is not present, if someone can send it to my email.... gegione72@libero.it

Thank you very much

Did you get the firmware to work? Is this the software that you use to reformat the harddrive? I have been locked out of my machine with a CE Password (no one knows what it is). I need to figure out how to reset the machine to factory settings? is this was you use to do that -...the firmware?

If so what is the process? I have downloaded the firmware tool, but I see no instructions? SOmething about a compact flash? where does this compact flash go? how do you reset the machine.

Help - ronaldbrilliant@yahoo.com if you can help.

Comment

• bungapads
                              Technician
                              50+ Posts
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by gegione72
                              Thank you very much, i have rewriting firmware with toolkit , the c250 is rebirth.

I have to rewrite firmware for c550. I have the toolkit and a CF card (2 gig). I must be missing something. When I try to create the card with the toolkit it looks like everything is fine, but when I plug it into the machine it says that there is an error.

Questions
                              1. DO you have COMPLETE instructions on how to format the CF card?
                              2. Does the CF Card have to be 128 meg (or is that just what was available years ago?)
                              3. Any and all advice and details on how to do this reformatting would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...