• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copierwhisper
    Technician

50+ Posts
    • Mar 2013

Wireless Network Adapter

Does anyone know if a wireless network adapter (usb) can be plugged directly into a C360 to allow various computers in the building to print and scan?
  • emujo
    Field Supervisor

2,500+ Posts
    • Jun 2009

Re: Wireless Network Adapter

Try it and let up know...you can also run a Ethernet cable from the MFP to a wireless access point, looks like wireless printing to any end user. The newer 3 series have the UK-208 (built in wireless adaptor) if upgrade is an option. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Comment

• Tonerbomb
      AutoMajical Resolutionist

Site Contributor
      2,500+ Posts
      • Feb 2005

Netgear makes a nice little wireless adapter, that you connect to the wifi and then via cable to the copier for wireless access. wnxx 3001 I beleive. They work well................and their not expensive.......................
      Mystic Crystal Revelations

Comment

• KenB
        Geek Extraordinaire

2,500+ Posts
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by copierwhisper
        Does anyone know if a wireless network adapter (usb) can be plugged directly into a C360 to allow various computers in the building to print and scan?
        I can't imagine that approach even possibly working. Not a supported OS, no drivers, etc...

The good news is that a bridge or even a range extender costs very little more than a USB wireless adapter.
        “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Comment

• wseyller
          Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
          • Sep 2012

What Kenb said...

Yeah the copier would need a driver and os functionally to be able to use it so answer is NO. I think wireless on a copier is not the best idea unless there is just no other way. I see businesses spend thousands on a copier and don't want to spent a little money running a network drop. If you need wireless then buy a network bridge to transform wired connect from the copier to wireless.

Comment

Working...