Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REUVEN
    • May 2023

Brother-all-one-MFC-J450DW-ink malfunction

after my previous post disappeared, I'm going to keep it short. One of the color ink cartridges emptied two weeks after inserting it. All the rest are normal having thousands of pages remaining. What could be an explanation for this? A corrupt batch of cartridges or a malfuction of the printer?
  • bsm2
    IT Manager

25,000+ Posts
    • Feb 2008

Re: Brother-all-one-MFC-J450DW-ink malfunction

Probably just bad cartridge

Comment

• REUVEN
      • May 2023

seeing as I have a response I will elaborate that it happened twice. could it be a faulty batch or a malfunction of the printer?

Comment

• tsbservice
        Field tech

Site Contributor
        5,000+ Posts
        • May 2007

Device is not thirsty for specific ink otherwise you should see big ink dump inside.
        What cr.p we are talking about?
        A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
        Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• dalewb74
          Service Manager

Site Contributor
          1,000+ Posts
          • Feb 2018

i stay away from inkjets. but you are using ink from brother? more and more new machines are getting even more picky about what products are used with their units. i know for brother laser machines. the brother logo is stamped into the plastic.

Comment

• REUVEN
            • May 2023

Originally posted by tsbservice
            Device is not thirsty for specific ink otherwise you should see big ink dump inside.
            What cr.p we are talking about?
            what is crp

Comment

• REUVEN
              • May 2023

Originally posted by dalewb74
              i stay away from inkjets. but you are using ink from brother? more and more new machines are getting even more picky about what products are used with their units. i know for brother laser machines. the brother logo is stamped into the plastic.
              I bought a large capacity inkjet because I realized that lasers were not too healthy/ Of course I used original cartridges, the company sent me the second one as replacement but as I said it happened again

Comment

Working...