Lightbulb DF malfunction on MFC-L9570CDW

Hello everyone.

I was this afternoon at a customer's office for a DF malfunction on MFC-L9570CDW.

The motor of the pickup rollers seem to turn, but the sheets are not driven. The metal axis of the pickup seems to be loose at the rear side, even if it's correctly driven if I turn it manually. The presence of the paper on the DF plate is correctly read, a message on the multitouch screen tells me so.

I usually repair different brands of copiers, but I have no experience or documentation on Brother. I only know how to change rollers or drum unit (not hard, it's a user-friendly mechanic). I read the user manual I found on Brother's website, but it's no help for my problem.

I'm looking for a way to dismount the DF because I can't seem to remove the axis, or accessing a technical mode to turn manually the motors.
    Is there any Brother expert in this forum to give me some advice ?

The ultimate solution would be to change the entire DF, but there must be cheaper methods in between.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: DF malfunction on MFC-L9570CDW

Rear cover is on plastic hooks if I remember correctly. Front cover has some screws and hooks one of them is super hidden. You can watch mechanism work after cover removal, there are probably gears not meshing correctly.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    DF malfunction on MFC-L9570CDW

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Rear cover is on plastic hooks if I remember correctly. Front cover has some screws and hooks one of them is super hidden. You can watch mechanism work after cover removal, there are probably gears not meshing correctly.
    yes that's correct. though i believe you only need to remove the recover. if you have the service manual. i would look up how to replace the DF rollers, as you call it. we call it the adf automatic doc feed. one you will be able to see if that isn't seated correctly. two you would be able to look at the gears and such to see if something looks like it isn't working properly. yeah 1 or 2 of those tabs are a pain to get them to release the cover. but you might have to get under the front cover as well. i would just start with the rear cover.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Change the feed rollers and the separation rubber that usually comes off.

Sharp / Brother Tech

Probably fixed by replacing the "ADF Sep. Holder ASSY"

Parts Number
    D001R9001

Happens quite regulary with the "latest" models from Brother