• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bourriks
    Technician
    • May 2016

[Misc] DF malfunction on MFC-L9570CDW

Hello everyone.

I was this afternoon at a customer's office for a DF malfunction on MFC-L9570CDW.

The motor of the pickup rollers seem to turn, but the sheets are not driven. The metal axis of the pickup seems to be loose at the rear side, even if it's correctly driven if I turn it manually. The presence of the paper on the DF plate is correctly read, a message on the multitouch screen tells me so.

I usually repair different brands of copiers, but I have no experience or documentation on Brother. I only know how to change rollers or drum unit (not hard, it's a user-friendly mechanic). I read the user manual I found on Brother's website, but it's no help for my problem.

I'm looking for a way to dismount the DF because I can't seem to remove the axis, or accessing a technical mode to turn manually the motors.
    Is there any Brother expert in this forum to give me some advice ?

The ultimate solution would be to change the entire DF, but there must be cheaper methods in between.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • tsbservice
    Field tech
    Site Contributor
    5,000+ Posts
    • May 2007

Re: DF malfunction on MFC-L9570CDW

Rear cover is on plastic hooks if I remember correctly. Front cover has some screws and hooks one of them is super hidden. You can watch mechanism work after cover removal, there are probably gears not meshing correctly.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• dalewb74
      Senior Tech
      Site Contributor
      500+ Posts
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by tsbservice
      Rear cover is on plastic hooks if I remember correctly. Front cover has some screws and hooks one of them is super hidden. You can watch mechanism work after cover removal, there are probably gears not meshing correctly.
      yes that's correct. though i believe you only need to remove the recover. if you have the service manual. i would look up how to replace the DF rollers, as you call it. we call it the adf automatic doc feed. one you will be able to see if that isn't seated correctly. two you would be able to look at the gears and such to see if something looks like it isn't working properly. yeah 1 or 2 of those tabs are a pain to get them to release the cover. but you might have to get under the front cover as well. i would just start with the rear cover.

Comment

• emiliorsg
        Trusted Tech
        100+ Posts
        • Jul 2018

Change the feed rollers and the separation rubber that usually comes off.

Comment

• CroceL
          Sharp / Brother Tech
          • Jun 2020

Probably fixed by replacing the "ADF Sep. Holder ASSY"

Parts Number
          D001R9001
          Happens quite regulary with the "latest" models from Brother

Comment

Working...