Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    So I asked Microsoft's new Copilot. "How is AI used in the printing industry?"

... this is one of my very first experiences with AI

"AI is being used in the printing industry to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and enhance personalization. Some ways AI is being used in the printing industry include:

AI is also integrated with various software and platforms that are used in the printing industry, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud
    4, PrintPlus4, Tilia Labs4, and Xerox FreeFlow5.

These tools can help printers with creation, calculation, nesting, imposition, and other functions. AI can also assist with quality control, customer service, and B2C marketing.

AI is already having a direct impact on the digital printing industry, and it is expected to bring more benefits and opportunities in the future. AI can help printers improve their productivity, quality, and profitability, as well as offer more value and innovation to their customers. AI can also enable printers to explore new markets and applications, and differentiate themselves from their competitors. However, AI also poses some challenges and risks, such as ethical, legal, and social implications, as well as the need for continuous learning and adaptation. Printers should be aware of the potential advantages and disadvantages of AI, and make informed decisions on how to use it in their business."

Re: So I asked Microsoft's new Copilot. "How is AI used in the printing industry?"

So I asked Copilot, "How does Toshiba Tec use AI in the printing business?"

According to the web search results, Toshiba Tec uses AI in the printing business in various ways, such as:

These are some of the examples of how Toshiba Tec uses AI in the printing business. You can find more information on their official website1 or their AI technology catalog3. I hope this helps. 😊

Re: So I asked Microsoft's new Copilot. "How is AI used in the printing industry?"

I did not know that Toshiba had an AI Technology catalog.

Toshiba AI Technology Catalog | Toshiba

... clearly there is some deep stuff going on here, not just for Toshiba, and how it will impact many industries.

... maybe it is just me but the answers seem to be conveniently and quickly aggregated from many sources in a way far superior to any Google search that I have ever performed.

So, I asked CoPilot, "what are the disadvantages of the OneRate program", a current popular thread on CTN.

The OneRate program for copiers is a service offered by Konica Minolta that provides a flat monthly rate for unlimited prints, regardless of the color or size of the document1. The program claims to offer simplicity, predictability, and flexibility for customers who need copiers for their business1.

However, the OneRate program may also have some disadvantages, such as:

These are some of the possible disadvantages of the OneRate program for copiers. You may want to compare the OneRate program with other copier service options before making a decision. I hope this helps. 😊.

... Wow! That is a quality answer making good points I never thought of before.

I recommend you review

Introducing Microsoft 365 Copilot your copilot for work - The Official Microsoft Blog

Microsoft Copilot is free with the latest Windows 11 update for users who subscribe to MS365.

It seems to be in a pre-offical release state.

It appears there is a daily limit to the number of questions you can ask of Copilot in the free version.

"Is Microsoft Copilot free? The Copilot chatbot is not only completely free but also the best way to preview GPT-4 for free right now. You can use the Copilot chatbot to ask questions, get help with a problem, or seek inspiration, but you are limited to 30 queries per interaction."

I find it interesting that a lot of the replies the Copilot chatbot referred to regarding the OneRate program were earlier threads in CTN.

It turns out that Microsoft's Copilot is not for everyone and can be expensive at $30.00 per month.

I can only guess that I am looking at a beta version for free. Bing does offer a free chatbot based upon Copilot.

One prerequiste is that you must have a MS365 F3 or F5 subscription. I pay $25.00 month approx for a F3 account.

This video opens an intersting reveal of Copilot costs.

Microsoft Copilot, The Truth Behind the Hype! - YouTube

I know think that I have been experimenting with Bing's new Chatbot called Copilot which is free.

It can handle mulltiple queries at one time which is quite different than traditional search.

There is a voice activated button you can select.

A good summary of how to use Bing's CoPilot.

Windows 11's new AI Copilot - Hands On & Demo

Windows 11's new AI Copilot - Hands On & Demo - YouTube