Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    scarsdale
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Good evening everyone, I am having an issue where the machine pulls the paper in about 5" then stops and says jam.
    I was told its the timing but i am not sure what to adjust, i have the service manual. any input would be greatly appreciated

    regards

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts inutelkamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    somewhere esle
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Can we check the counter of the machine?
    Have you check the stripper pad? Pick up Rollers?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Quote Originally Posted by nprint View Post
    Good evening everyone, I am having an issue where the machine pulls the paper in about 5" then stops and says jam.
    I was told its the timing but i am not sure what to adjust, i have the service manual. any input would be greatly appreciated

    regards
    jam code?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    scarsdale
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Quote Originally Posted by inutelkamo View Post
    Can we check the counter of the machine?
    Have you check the stripper pad? Pick up Rollers?
    I have 300K on the machine, new pickup rollers and stripper pad

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    scarsdale
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTech View Post
    jam code?
    J8 is what i see

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    no feed at all or intermittent jams? J7 as well?
    suggest first to clean the registration sensors, probably covered with paper dust (pickup rollers and stripper pad good?).
    replacing the one-way gear at the timing roller assembly follows.

  7. #7
    Riso dude 250+ Posts jermyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Land of Diffusion
    Posts
    395
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    First how many copies on the feed tires and sep pad? How many copies on the machine?
    Here is a RISO publication on jamming.
    Good luck.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    scarsdale
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    First how many copies on the feed tires and sep pad? How many copies on the machine?
    Here is a RISO publication on jamming.
    Good luck.
    total 800K copies on machine, feed wheels and pads replaced less than 5k ago.

    thank you for the pdf, I will see if i can figure out what the problem is. also noticed i am getting a fluttering sound?
    Last edited by nprint; 06-23-2021 at 07:20 PM.

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Blow out the paper in sensors. Clean or replace the feed clutch. Replace the one way timing gear

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Paper Feed Problems Riso EZ591

    Quote Originally Posted by nprint View Post
    total 800K copies on machine, feed wheels and pads replaced less than 5k ago.

    thank you for the pdf, I will see if i can figure out what the problem is. also noticed i am getting a fluttering sound?
    fluttering sound? check the shock absorber pad and replace if worn-out

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here