Senior Tech 100+ Posts

a question about part no ''A161M50501'' Photointerrupter in ineo + 454e

he everybody
    this part is in paper size detection section
    i uninstalled the holder of the motor but i couldn't put with this part because i detached its wires accidentally , however the tray is detected normally , what i want to know is the role of this part ? and what problem could be caused without it !

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: a question about part no ''A161M50501'' Photointerrupter in ineo + 454e

Quote Originally Posted by jakani View Post
    he everybody
    this part is in paper size detection section
    i uninstalled the holder of the motor but i couldn't put with this part because i detached its wires accidentally , however the tray is detected normally , what i want to know is the role of this part ? and what problem could be caused without it !
    Why not just go back and reconnect it and you won't have to worry about any potential problems?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Why not just go back and reconnect it and you won't have to worry about any potential problems?
    because the wires of the Photointerrupter detached from it and they all yellow ,
    i don't know the exact order of the wires t reconnect theme

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

You will probably find certain paper sizes won't be detected, say landscape might be fine but portrait will show the wrong size or none at all. Larger A3 size too could have issues.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You will probably find certain paper sizes won't be detected, say landscape might be fine but portrait will show the wrong size or none at all. Larger A3 size too could have issues.
    i think i have to reconnect it and try those yellow wires one by one
    thank you very much sir

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

use your multimeter and check which wire is the 5v and the ground wire, then the other wire will be the signal wire, providing this sensor is three pins. look at the sensor itself on the reverse and it should be marked . check another tray and measure the ground and 5volts providing it uses identical sensors. This should not be that difficult.
    I don't know the machine, but just looking at the principle of how most sensors work and wired and to do a bit of comparison with another sensor on the same machine to get the correct wiring.
    if my reply was not relevant please ignore or correct my theory here.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    use your multimeter and check which wire is the 5v and the ground wire, then the other wire will be the signal wire, providing this sensor is three pins. look at the sensor itself on the reverse and it should be marked . check another tray and measure the ground and 5volts providing it uses identical sensors. This should not be that difficult.
    I don't know the machine, but just looking at the principle of how most sensors work and wired and to do a bit of comparison with another sensor on the same machine to get the correct wiring.
    if my reply was not relevant please ignore or correct my theory here.

yes you are very much right , and i can't ignore you theory because you took a part of your time to reply to me and i thank you for that and i appreciate it,
    anyway this part contains two Photointerrupter so there is 4 pins and 4 yellow cables , based on your theory i should look for two wires with 5volts ,
    for now i can't check the sensor in an other machine or even in the same machine because i don't want to miss with an other tray or ruin it i work live in the client's local not in our workshop
    thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakani View Post
    yes you are very much right , and i can't ignore you theory because you took a part of your time to reply to me and i thank you for that and i appreciate it,
    anyway this part contains two Photointerrupter so there is 4 pins and 4 yellow cables , based on your theory i should look for two wires with 5volts ,
    for now i can't check the sensor in an other machine or even in the same machine because i don't want to miss with an other tray or ruin it i work live in the client's local not in our workshop
    thank you

The real solution to your problem is to look at the service manual and the electrical wiring diagram or schematic. It gives you exactly the pinouts of the each connector on the boards to the relative components. These diagrams are there for situations like these and is an orderly layout of how the machine is wired.
    You can still repair this without the diagram, but your experience is limited.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke