Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz C224e - Muratec version?


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    93

    Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Can the MFX C2280 Muratec be changed to take Konica Minolta C224e toner? With changing firmware, board, etc ??? I just need it to accept genuine Kon-Min toner & other consumables.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    C-town
    Posts
    2,076
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Muratec documentation is a total shit show. This should help:


    Attached Files Attached Files
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,397
    Rep Power
    197

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Can the MFX C2280 Muratec be changed to take Konica Minolta C224e toner? With changing firmware, board, etc ??? I just need it to accept genuine Kon-Min toner & other consumables.

    Thanks in advance
    The question is can MFX C2280 physically accomodate TN321CMYK toners. Usually some ribs need cutting. I would go to Muratec machine with empty TN321 and see how it feels. You know toners for C224e don't have chip so definitely no boards involved.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    The question is can MFX C2280 physically accomodate TN321CMYK toners. Usually some ribs need cutting. I would go to Muratec machine with empty TN321 and see how it feels. You know toners for C224e don't have chip so definitely no boards involved.
    The caps on both the drum units and toners are different than the KM version. I usually keep some empties from the Muratec on both to swap over to the KM so I don't need to stock both supplies
    On the new I series the machines are identical as the KM just a Muratec label on the front

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,397
    Rep Power
    197

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    The caps on both the drum units and toners are different than the KM version. I usually keep some empties from the Muratec on both to swap over to the KM so I don't need to stock both supplies
    On the new I series the machines are identical as the KM just a Muratec label on the front
    That sounds reasonable. Thank you for clarification.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    I never really looked close but maybe there is a way to swap out the face plates for the toner & drum units from a KM to the Muratec?

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz C224e - Muratec version?


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    I never really looked close but maybe there is a way to swap out the face plates for the toner & drum units from a KM to the Muratec?
    Thanks for the replies.

    I have a C224 parts machine I may just swap out the toner cover so the C224 toners will fit without cutting anything. And put a label on machine near toners saying to use K/M toner only!

    I rebuild the drums and believe the chips are universal so should be ok with that. I would think the drums are interchangeable but never know when a supply has a chip.

    Take care

  8. #8
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz C224e - Muratec version?


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

    I have a C224 parts machine I may just swap out the toner cover so the C224 toners will fit without cutting anything. And put a label on machine near toners saying to use K/M toner only!

    I rebuild the drums and believe the chips are universal so should be ok with that. I would think the drums are interchangeable but never know when a supply has a chip.

    Take care
    Had a chance to look at a C224 toner assembly from parts machine, looks like after removing complete toner hopper assembly there are 2 screws to take toner holder off of top. This is piece that has tabs inside stopping other OEM toner to be used. Since the toner assembly comes out so easy will swap out instead of cutting tabs, etc.

    Thanks again for the help.

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Biz C224e - Muratec version?


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    just break the little fin off the toner to make it fit. Takes 5 seconds. I have done it several times

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz C224e - Muratec version?


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

    Ok, so I swapped out the toner holder so the Muratec will now accept K/M toners. It's going to a customer with 5 other C224e's and wants to use all Kon/MinTN321 toners.

    Few other questions:

    Can I use Kon/Min Firmware to update the Muratec?

    Is there a way to have machine show Kon/Min instead of Muratec on web page, etc. NOT trying to deceive anyone! Trying to avoid confusion for the IT people at one of my biggest accounts!

    It already printed with Kon/Min driver on my server so nothing special there.

    Thanks for any help.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here