Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Multiple Konica randomly printing jibbersih

Re: Multiple Konica randomly printing jibbersih

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sparkee View Post
    It's the typical wingdings-wrong driver-print until the machine runs out of paper scenario you have most likely seen 1000 times by now?

After more research on Windows forum it is an OS system update that is causing the problem. The only fix seems to be a windows OS system restore (out of scope for most copier companies). You can read more at Redirecting

Not only are USB ports disappearing in the device manager but some printers are spewing garbage the moment you plug the cable in without even installing a printer or driver. Going to be a long week I think. Good luck to you and yours
    No, i have not seen this isssue anytime because i usually setup a linux based printserver that handles all printjobs.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sparkee View Post
    It's the typical wingdings-wrong driver-print until the machine runs out of paper scenario you have most likely seen 1000 times by now?

After more research on Windows forum it is an OS system update that is causing the problem. The only fix seems to be a windows OS system restore (out of scope for most copier companies). You can read more at Redirecting

Not only are USB ports disappearing in the device manager but some printers are spewing garbage the moment you plug the cable in without even installing a printer or driver. Going to be a long week I think. Good luck to you and yours

The amount of times I've seen on computers the box that says "Let windows mange my default printer " ticked.....that's just asking for trouble, it's the 1st thing I get customers to check, when anything weird suddenly happens.....
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 500+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    Would you kind scanning one of those documents or take a photo of them and share here? I service more than 1000 machines and have not seen or heard of this ever but you lot on here realy make me nervous
    It generally looks similar to the junk on the pages in this image...
    https://content.spiceworksstatic.com...220_132021.jpg
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Multiple Konica randomly printing jibbersih

Each time I have seen this recently it has been caused my a Windows 11 device installing the generic driver on a WSD port.

Try disabling WSD printing.

Configuring the WSD printing environment
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Yes WSD = fun guarantee

Luckily many or most KM devices seem to have it disabled by default (unlike Ricoh) - nowaydays this should be checked and if needed disabled during pre-install.