Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Konica c284e printing quality error - Unable to calibrate due to an alert

I have Konica c284e machine and it was printing well for years , last day when i print a4 black print it gives printout with
    magenta and blue strips. I remove DV and reinstall without fixing any thing , now it gives full black negative color print

even i tried to calibrate it shows unable to calibrate due to an alert

photos attached

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Konica c284e printing quality error - Unable to calibrate due to an alert

Yeah no chance to perform a calibration in this state. How's the lifetime status of the drums etc?

Might be related to HV or HV contact issues (bad contact or voltage-leakage due to dirt)...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

What is the alert, you should normally be able to carry out gradation with units over life, there's a possibility that when you go into tech rep mode, you have the warning "triangle" displayed, if you press it, you will possibly have a "P" code - that may tell you where the problem is
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhanushka View Post
    I have Konica c284e machine and it was printing well for years , last day when i print a4 black print it gives printout with
    magenta and blue strips. I remove DV and reinstall without fixing any thing , now it gives full black negative color print

even i tried to calibrate it shows unable to calibrate due to an alert

photos attached
    Did you dismantled developer units?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    What is the alert, you should normally be able to carry out gradation with units over life, there's a possibility that when you go into tech rep mode, you have the warning "triangle" displayed, if you press it, you will possibly have a "P" code - that may tell you where the problem is
    These are the P errors .P eroor.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhanushka View Post
    These are the P errors .P eroor.jpg

That's why you can't carry out the gradation - it's hard to see, with the image being upside down. I'm guessing with it printing out a black page, when the machine does self calibration, it can't read the pattern clearly. With that model, it's easy to swap over the colour & black drum, you just swap the chips over, so first of all, swap the yellow drum with the black drum, and see if it makes a difference. both of those codes, are due to it not seeing the self adjustment pattern when you turn it on. P21 is the colour regist pattern failure - due to the black print out. P28 is the IDC sensor/rear failure, which is under the transfer belt, again, caused by the black print out. if it's not the drum, then take out the DV unit, and refit it again - maybe it's not in properly, or not plugged in properly
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...