BH-4000p, strange effect

SCANX-24021010020.jpg
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "
  • Radiscar
    Technician
    50+ Posts
    • Jun 2019

Re: BH-4000p, strange effect

You're most likely right, that accounting software could be using something else instead of the proper print driver....or the proper driver doesn't work with the software, similar to a lot of mechanic shops with really old systems -cheaper to buy really overpriced printers than upgrade everything.

Not the same brand, but I had a customer whose color printing was off - it was the because the pdf was opened using Edge and not saved before printing.

Another customer purchased a konica (it was a c3350i) because their software couldn't use anything else...they just needed b&w, lots of power issues, in an extreme dust/cold environment and I had to carry the cursed device up/down 3 flights of stairs multiple times since there wasn't any room to work or I had to take back to the shop to work on since it had waay too many issues. The canon temporary replacement just printed giberish or errored out until I found a driver that worked (no konica spares onhand)

That said, another company with multiple locations/printers ran sharps, lexmarks, other, etc and the IT just used a fairly basic xerox driver -since they just print B&W and they didn't care about quality -it seemed to work for everything.

Comment

• blackcat4866
      Master Of The Obvious
      Site Contributor
      10,000+ Posts
      • Jul 2007

Is it possible that their accounting software is outputting .prn data (print data), directly from the software to the printers IP address, without using a print driver? Many types of proprietary software do this. Usually the software provider has "Lexmark emulation" or "HP emulation", and rarely any other choices. Ideally there will be an option to output data to a Konica Minolta print driver. Otherwise you may have to find a "Lexmark emulation" or "HP emulation" compromise. =^..^=
      If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
      1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
      2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
      3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
      4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
      5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• Tech09
        Technician
        Site Contributor
        50+ Posts
        • Apr 2020

Usually when I see print jobs like that it's a corrupt file or a problem with the specific software they're using. Is it intermittent? Is it from one user or multiple users?

Comment

Working...