X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hap
    Technician
    • Jan 2017

c300i dog earing on double sided

have 2 machines both brand new doing this intermittantly as per konica tech support sanded a guide plate that had a burr on it waiting to hear back on results,another we replaced the reverse assembly aslo waiting to hear..anyone else encountered this
  • femaster
    Service Manager
    1,000+ Posts
    • May 2011

Re: c300i dog earing on double sided

Originally posted by Hap
    have 2 machines both brand new doing this intermittantly as per konica tech support sanded a guide plate that had a burr on it waiting to hear back on results,another we replaced the reverse assembly aslo waiting to hear..anyone else encountered this
    Maybe look into this and check to see if the front and rear side guides in the paper drawers are centered properly. We have fixed dog earring on a number of machines now by putting this adjustment back to center. See post:

Brand new C450i with 3205 jam code

In the US, KM has also released a bulletin about this. It involves installing mylar strips just under the transfer roller area that are supposed to eliminate the dog earring issue. I can't look it up at the moment, but maybe someone else can provide a copy of it, or I'll try to add it in the morning. I have had these new mylars on order for about a month now and they are still on back order.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

Working...