• Show
Clear All
  • brent
    Service Manager

Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Nov 2008

c2403 code on a buzhub 420.... yuk

so I have about 40 of these machines in the field. and even the bizhub 421 did it to me today. I have performed all the mods and still sometimes get this code. the only fix that I have found is to replace the toner home position sensor. so I replace it. then about 50k later it needs to be replaced again? I am a tech that fixes these. but am getting very annoyed with this particular code. is there any thing else anyone else is doing to fix these? or am I just stuck with the sesor fix? YUK

thanks

brent
  • fixthecopier
    ALIEN OVERLORD

2,500+ Posts
    • Apr 2008

I have not replaced a sensor yet. I am opening the machine up, front and back, and blowing it out real well. I keep a pancake compressor in my truck.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Comment

• big jase
      Service Manager

Site Contributor
      100+ Posts
      • Jul 2008

i find the same just strip out toner bottle assembly from front of machine, and vac-out compartment allaround sensor ,bottle housing and under bottle holder, i've done this on all our machines and touch wood we've not seen the problem for 6 months or so
      If at First you don't succeed remove all evidence of ever trying!

Comment

• brent
        Service Manager

Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Nov 2008

well being that the sensors are clear in the back of the machine. it takes a heck of a hose to reach. most of my machines are ok. but there is a few that are kicking my butt. same code.

no matter what I do. I have to replace that sensor. mabee I am not cleaning it out good enough

brent

Comment

• big jase
          Service Manager

Site Contributor
          100+ Posts
          • Jul 2008

i get to sensor by taking off cover where paper lands, under there there is a metal cover remove this, it helps you clean out the sensor
          If at First you don't succeed remove all evidence of ever trying!

Comment

• fixthecopier
            ALIEN OVERLORD

2,500+ Posts
            • Apr 2008

Usually when I strip the back of the machine, canned air and a flexible plastic tube work well. I had one I had to do 3 times, the last time breaking out the big compressor and blowing it out until I could not see any more toner coming out. That was a year ago ,not been back. Even the new ones,421s, 501s, haven't been modified, I just cleaned out a new 501 last week.
            The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Comment

• mo0651
              Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
              • Apr 2009

Check and make sure the red cleaning felt is on that machine. As the hopper spins it supposed to clean the sensors of toner dusting. Worth a look.

Comment

• brent
                Service Manager

Site Contributor
                1,000+ Posts
                • Nov 2008

yep the red strip is there. and now it is clean. I went and replaced the sensor today. and made sure to leave out the 3 screws. so if it happens again I can take the whole front apart and not have to take the pwb and covers off the back. the 421 is a little more difficult because of the extra covers on the front of the machine. and when I replaced the sensor the machine now works great. mabee just cleaning the sensor is a hit or miss deal...

thanks

brent

Comment

Working...