Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Ricoh mp9002 "scanner settings" missing in wim but present in user tools(?)

Hi everyone, I'm asking you for confirmation, now I'll explain what happened to me:
    I went to replace the hhd of this mp9002 for the second time, which the first time gave sc672-00, ok fine
    then the customer called the next day and the machine continued to propose "the hdd has been replaced, format the hdd", ok, unfortunately the new hdd I mounted was faulty, and I put in another new one, ok so far everything Well.
    the customer, an IT man (also a smart one), pointed out to me that when connecting via wim, the "scanner settings" function which is usually on the left is missing, under "fax settings" however in user tools there is everything! I'm not here to bore you with all the tests I did, well I told him I'd let him know something...LOL

then searching here on the forum, I found this thread

MPC4500 Scanner Option Missing

where it seems that on old controllers it is only in user tools and not on wim.
    I honestly don't remember, but it may also be that since the customer has different machines (different 2003, 3004 and others) he may have gotten confused (?) and it really isn't there in wim
    so I ask you for confirmation...is it there or not in wim scanner settings on that old mp9002 controller?

Thank you
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh mp9002 "scanner settings" missing in wim but present in user tools(?)

Re: Ricoh mp9002 "scanner settings" missing in wim but present in user tools(?)

whenever i setup scanning on a ricoh. i either access the address book or set up the email server settings. both are via the web interface.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Hello

I've worked today on a Ricoh Mp 9002 and. Checked this option... On my machine its ok

Inviato dal mio SM-S901B utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello

I've worked today on a Ricoh Mp 9002 and. Checked this option... On my machine its ok

Inviato dal mio SM-S901B utilizzando Tapatalk

thanks friend👍...we no longer have that model to be able to verify, I hope it's the corrupt firmware, I'll let you know as soon as I go to that customer with the SD and romdata modules.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Would be interesting to know is scanner/printer sp show up in service menu.

A faulty system sd card might also be possible - not shure if the xxx2 series are using one or if they already stored their FW on the controllerboard flash rom.
    Back in the days I was able to revive these SD card with data taken from a donator card - just copy and overwrite the files.

Edit: I checked a mpc6502 returner, there's no system SD card

I also just understod that the stuff is there @user tools, so yeah, maybe it's just the FW needs a reflash.
    Before you start you might check the WIM with your laptop first, perhaps it's fine after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Would be interesting to know is scanner/printer sp show up in service menu.

A faulty system sd card might also be possible - not shure if the xxx2 series are using one or if they already stored their FW on the controllerboard flash rom.
    Back in the days I was able to revive these SD card with data taken from a donator card - just copy and overwrite the files.

Edit: I checked a mpc6502 returner, there's no system SD card

I tried to remove the SD card, and the scanner and printer do not appear, with the card inserted the scanner works, and the settings in user tools are there, they are only missing from the web