Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    9

    NX-4110 scanning Checks

    I have a customer that claims all she scans are checks and that they are now having issues.
    The machine says check original cancel job. They say this is a new issue
    I am assuming that there is a security feature printed on the new checks that is preventing the scan job.
    She stated that some checks work and some are not allowed
    She also says the older MX-5001 still allows her to scan all of them.
    This seem logical since the newer machine may be more secure for some originals.
    I have heard that if you scan in Black & White it will be allowed but she said that doesn't work.
    I have also heard that enlarging or reducing may allow them to scan.
    Any insight is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    NX-4110 scanning Checks

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,899
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: NX-4110 scanning Checks

    Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    I have a customer that claims all she scans are checks and that they are now having issues.
    The machine says check original cancel job. They say this is a new issue
    I am assuming that there is a security feature printed on the new checks that is preventing the scan job.
    She stated that some checks work and some are not allowed
    She also says the older MX-5001 still allows her to scan all of them.
    This seem logical since the newer machine may be more secure for some originals.
    I have heard that if you scan in Black & White it will be allowed but she said that doesn't work.
    I have also heard that enlarging or reducing may allow them to scan.
    Any insight is appreciated.
    that is correct .. scanning Checks - Money - Bearer Bonds - ect the newer machines have a security feature ... USUALLY scan/copy in BLACK and slightly enlarging will solve the problem.
    May I suggest you research a little ( usually in USERS manual ) and then be on site to walk your customer through the process. I'm NOT sure ( doubtful ) if that feature can be turned off on that unit.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    NX-4110 scanning Checks

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    456
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: NX-4110 scanning Checks

    Agreed with Phil B. Copy only in mono and/or slightly reduced or enlarged.

  4. #4
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: NX-4110 scanning Checks

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Agreed with Phil B. Copy only in mono and/or slightly reduced or enlarged.

    I can confirm on the newer MX4071 that scanning in Mono resolves the issue!

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts JLSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: NX-4110 scanning Checks

    Quote Originally Posted by austonrush View Post
    I can confirm on the newer MX4071 that scanning in Mono resolves the issue!
    As long as it doesn't have the EUrion Constellation, or the rings are blocked.

    Please see: EURion constellation - Wikipedia

    OR

    It doesn't have Anti-Copy Floil, Holograms, and Seals.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: NX-4110 scanning Checks

    you are running into counterfeit protection not allowing the job. basically it makes you scan/copy in black and white(Mono2) and at least 10 percent larger or smaller than the original. this protection scheme differs slightly from series to series but thats a basic thing that seems to work. I also believe enlarging/shrinking past 10 percent will allow color to be used as well. some of my customers have said using a sheet of paper on top of the checks helps.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here