Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: sharp mx-3140

  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    palm bay florida
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    8

    sharp mx-3140

    my customers mx3140 all of a sudden lost its address book so she tried to log in with the password ADMIN to rebuild the book and it says authentication failed so i tried to go into sims and reset the password but there isnt a sim for that apparently sharp raised security on the newer models and i cant reset it and i dont even know if thats the issue it also has address book error 3000
    i do mostly toshiba i used to be a sharp tech back in the 90's any help would be greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Technician
    sharp mx-3140


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Apple Valley, Ca
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    my customers mx3140 all of a sudden lost its address book so she tried to log in with the password ADMIN to rebuild the book and it says authentication failed so i tried to go into sims and reset the password but there isnt a sim for that apparently sharp raised security on the newer models and i cant reset it and i dont even know if thats the issue it also has address book error 3000
    i do mostly toshiba i used to be a sharp tech back in the 90's any help would be greatly appreciated
    I had this happen on an mxm564. Sharp's fix was to back up all user data, replace HDD, update firmware, and reload user data.

    If you don"t have the admin password, you will have to send the IC chips back to sharp for destruction and replacement.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    I had this happen to a 2640 last week. We had to replace the hard drive and there was nothing left in the old one to copy from so had to start from scratch on the address book.

  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    palm bay florida
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    thanks for responding man although I wish it was better news this one might be over my head im not a sharp dealer just an independent tech

  5. #5
    Technician
    sharp mx-3140


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Apple Valley, Ca
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    thanks for responding man although I wish it was better news this one might be over my head im not a sharp dealer just an independent tech
    Do you hace the tech manual?

    I can get it to you if u need it.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sharp mx-3140

    Nachoman4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Topeka Kansas
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    admin pw reset is one of the two micro dip switches on the mfp pwb, one takes you to screen calib and the other allows you in admin and service pw reset. the mx3070 series started the no admin reset trend.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

  7. #7
    Technician
    sharp mx-3140


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Apple Valley, Ca
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachoman4life View Post
    admin pw reset is one of the two micro dip switches on the mfp pwb, one takes you to screen calib and the other allows you in admin and service pw reset. the mx3070 series started the no admin reset trend.
    Love your tag line!

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    palm bay florida
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    hey nachoman i like the dip switch idea
    do you shut off the machine then togle the switch and reboot or do you togle the switch with the power on
    thanks for your help

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    sharp mx-3140

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    767
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    hey nachoman i like the dip switch idea
    do you shut off the machine then togle the switch and reboot or do you togle the switch with the power on
    thanks for your help
    Yes, turn off mfp, flip dip-switch, then power on and execute.

  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    palm bay florida
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: sharp mx-3140

    nachoman
    sorry to be a bother but i took the back panel off and starred at the main green board for 20 minutes and i cant find the dip switch box also checked the gree board up top by the adf no switches what am i doing wrong

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here