Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Weird MX-5141 issues

The trouble began when the MX-FN10 was replaced due to constant F1-15 codes. Afterwards I’m unable to login to the copiers webpage. “Authentication failed” in red is the message when I attempt to login. Default admin password in effect. Same result message when attempting access Service webpage. Also, unable to access “Settings” on copier home screen, a window with “Please wait.” appears and remains indefinitely. I can press cancel on the window and continue to copy or print. The address book has been deleted and the inbound routing is no longer sending faxes to email.

The machine copies, faxes, scans and prints as normal. However multiple addresses cannot be used in fax or scan to email.

The following has been tried:

Updated firmware
    Replace PCU PWB
    Replace Sd card
    Replace MFPC PWB
    Replace Mother PWB

Any ideas or similiar experience?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Weird MX-5141 issues

Re: Weird MX-5141 issues

I had a MX3640 with about the same issues had to replace the HDD to fix it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brewster67 View Post
    I had a MX3640 with about the same issues had to replace the HDD to fix it.
    how similar was your case? This one has me stumped, It looks like I failed to list that I actually tried replacing the HDD and that didn’t help. Maybe I will try another HDD

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Weird MX-5141 issues

Similar to Brewster67, I've seen this on a 2640 and it was HDD.

Customer could print and copy.

Could not access addressbook

Could not access settings

Web interface passwords not working both admin and service.

Machine continued to email status and alert messages.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Weird MX-5141 issues

Quote Originally Posted by teklife256 View Post
    The trouble began when the MX-FN10 was replaced due to constant F1-15 codes. Afterwards I’m unable to login to the copiers webpage. “Authentication failed” in red is the message when I attempt to login. Default admin password in effect. Same result message when attempting access Service webpage. Also, unable to access “Settings” on copier home screen, a window with “Please wait.” appears and remains indefinitely. I can press cancel on the window and continue to copy or print. The address book has been deleted and the inbound routing is no longer sending faxes to email.

The machine copies, faxes, scans and prints as normal. However multiple addresses cannot be used in fax or scan to email.

The following has been tried:

Updated firmware
    Replace PCU PWB
    Replace Sd card
    Replace MFPC PWB
    Replace Mother PWB
    Any ideas or similiar experience?
    you replaced ALL those expensive parts and didn't reformat HDD and reload firmware
    Last edited by Phil B.; 02-24-2021 at 01:41 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you replaced ALL those expensive parts and did reformat HDD and reload firmware
    That’s right. Will try another HDD with what’s been shared above

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Weird MX-5141 issues

Format and/or wipe any HDD you put in.

When the machine powers up it will recognize the blank HDD and the machine will then format HDD for use in the Sharp.

You will lose the address book. I don't know about fax forward info, but suspect you will lose that as well.

You can use a larger drive....
    Last edited by mansart; 02-24-2021 at 02:00 AM. Reason: more info

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Weird MX-5141 issues

[QUOTE=teklife256;1696277]The trouble began when the MX-FN10 was replaced due to constant F1-15 codes. Afterwards I’m unable to login to the copiers webpage. “Authentication failed” in red is the message when I attempt to login. Default admin password in effect. Same result message when attempting access Service webpage. Also, unable to access “Settings” on copier home screen, a window with “Please wait.” appears and remains indefinitely. I can press cancel on the window and continue to copy or print. The address book has been deleted and the inbound routing is no longer sending faxes to email.

I experienced these same issues several times on this series and it was the hdd 8 times out of 10. I have concluded that the Toshiba HDD that Sharp uses on this series are garbage. I also would get a lot of E7-03 errors on clients that would scan to email heavily with the Toshiba HDD's. I would always replace them with WD hdd's and had no issues afterwards.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Weird MX-5141 issues

Also, back up the hdd data to a removable usb stick, but do not transfer it over to the new hdd. First, try all your admin and service commands, then try importing the old hdd data to the new one. If the hdd starts to "freeze up" again you may have to manually add the info. I think I had this happen 2x's where I imported the old data to the new hdd and it started to act like the old hdd.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Weird MX-5141 issues

When I ran into this we could not get into settings, got the waiting on the screen, address book was gone and when trying Wed interface it would tell me password was wrong even though admin worked to get into edit panel display. Replacing HDD fixed it. The one thing I did find out is that HDD has to be at least 320 gb, a 160 gb will not work.