• Show
Clear All
  • OlliK1969
    Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
    • Nov 2016

MX-B467P with toner spots

Hello
    We have more than 25 pieces of MX-B467P available to one customer. Now, after about 20,000 pages, toner spots appear on the edges of the first one. They can be removed, but that's not the point. The paper is of very good quality and we only use original toner. Has anyone had something similar?? Thanks
  • JLSam
    Senior Tech

500+ Posts
    • Jun 2015

Re: MX-B467P with toner spots

Originally posted by OlliK1969
    Hello
    We have more than 25 pieces of MX-B467P available to one customer. Now, after about 20,000 pages, toner spots appear on the edges of the first one. They can be removed, but that's not the point. The paper is of very good quality and we only use original toner. Has anyone had something similar?? Thanks
    I just realized that no one responded to your post.

I looked up this printer, and it's a lexmark rebrand. Honestly, I would look for it's original model name, and ask the Lexmark forum for help.

Comment

• mloudy
      Senior Tech

500+ Posts
      • Oct 2015

Lexmark M1246 I think.

I have not seen this issue.

Comment

• JR2ALTA
        Service Manager

Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Feb 2010

what do you mean 'They can be removed"? Do the toner specs simply wipe off? To me, that would mean they have not been fused and you have exit section that needs cleaning. Maybe you can increase fuse temp within "plain" paper settings...
        I don't believe this fuser has envelope levers.

Comment

• OlliK1969
          Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
          • Nov 2016

Hi

Sharp sent us a new fuser unit in exchange to look at ours. And there is a new firmware that cannot officially be accessed on the Sharp server yet. Unusual

Comment

• mloudy
            Senior Tech

500+ Posts
            • Oct 2015

Lexmark is really good at listing every change that is included in a new firmware. I have only seen Sharp at the same firmware level as the Lexmark one time.

As a Lexmark dealer we can often access something called PE firmware which hasn't been released yet and Lexmark will list all the changes. It is one area they are very good at. New firmware was just release in the last few days. MSNGM.230.041

Comment

• OlliK1969
              Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
              • Nov 2016

Hello
              Yes, this is the version that was made available to me via drop box from Sharp

Comment

Working...