Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron67601
    • Sep 2024

MX-C428F

Just wanting to know if this is a good machine to sell? If anyone has any in the market they sold. This is probably a Sharpmark if I'm correct. Trying to replace an MX-C303W and there is nothing else Sharp makes to replace that machine. Thanks in advance of any replies.
  • ihatefinishers13
    Senior MFP Technician

250+ Posts
    • Feb 2020

Re: MX-C428F

Originally posted by ron67601
    Just wanting to know if this is a good machine to sell? If anyone has any in the market they sold. This is probably a Sharpmark if I'm correct. Trying to replace an MX-C303W and there is nothing else Sharp makes to replace that machine. Thanks in advance of any replies.
    We've sold maybe 2 or 3... Haven't heard anything on them yet, though. I personally hate the interface, how it's Sharp one minute, but as soon as you select anything, it changes to Lexmark. Other Sharpmark's have been well liked by our customer base, and our technicians hate a few of the models. Some of them are okay, but those are probably in low-use environments.

Sharp is coming out with a BP-C desktop sometime this year, if you can wait... There is already a B/W model, the BP-B540/550.

Comment

• mloudy
      Senior Tech

500+ Posts
      • Oct 2015

New Sharp model to replace the MX-C303W should be available by the end of the month. I think it has already been released outside of the US. The drivers are already available. BP-C533WD

I'd wait. Most customers don't like the Lexmark interface after they are used to a Sharp.

Comment

• Hart
        Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
        • Feb 2024

This is the new models Neo 3 IT
        BP-C542WD/C533WD/C533WR | Sharp Digital MFPs / Printers | Sharp Global
        BP-C533WR BP-C533WD BP-C542WD

I've done the training on the MX-C428F MX-C528F, the panel is great, that's it. I hate everything else on the Luna range.

Comment

• mloudy
          Senior Tech

500+ Posts
          • Oct 2015

These are good engines in the right spot. We now have 302 placements of this engine in the field. From the Lexmark C4150 through the Sharp MX-C507F. The highest meter we have on one it just over 1M.

Lexmarks/Sharpmarks are a great replacement in the right situation. I would put a printer in place of any other brand of pritner but I would not put the MFP version just anywhere. We learned our lesson long ago that end users do not like going from a Sharp to a Lexmark/Sharpmark becasue of the interface. The way the Lexmarks scan also frustrates end users. They sit there and establish the connection before the originals are read which seems like forever. Sharps immediately start feeding originals and then process the job. End users want to take their originals and go. There are places that have forced the switch from Sharp to Sharpmarks/Lexmarks on their end users based on the lower cost of the equipment but the end users do not like it. That said they end up learning them and eventually stop complaining. In some high volume cases we see Lexmarks run much better than the Sharp built equipment and require less service.

Comment

Working...