PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub Pro c500 lines along pages

Custom Search

Albert
02-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Bizhub pro C500 with Fiery s300 - I was gettings spots and dry bubblish (easy to scratch away) over full color pages. I change the color cal on the s300 pannel to fiery RGB and the problem is fixed (adobe RGB setup also work good) , now after i did this changes I get lines along color pages. This lines are not very clear but deemish on pages not on white area, only on color portions of pages. is there something i can do before i spend money with the 100k kit/ parts etc.

Stirton.M
02-06-2010, 07:59 AM
From this it appears you are speaking about insufficient fusing temperature. Set your paper weight settings to match the paper you are using. Refer to the user manual on setting tray paper types and adjust accordingly.

Lines might be also related to this, but in a slightly different area. Check your output settings on the job. If you are doing single sided prints or copies, check to make sure your output setting is set to face up. If not, change to face up and then inspect for lines. If the lines are no longer present, the cause of the lines previously has to do with the deflection plate just to the left of the fusing unit. When paper exits the fusing unit itself, the transparent plastic guide assembly to the left deflects the paper according to whether or not you are doing a duplex copy or face down, in which case the plate will lift and the paper will be guided downwards. If no duplex and face up, the plate remains down and the paper is guided out through the exit section of the main body and into the finisher options.

The guide plate itself has several ribs. Those ribs can get toner built up on them (usually from cases of insufficient fusing temperature) and when enough is built up, this can literally scrape against the paper, and anywhere toner is on the page, will scrape off the softened toner (from the heat of the fuser unit), causing white lines.

That said, there is another place where this possibly might be happening, though a bit rarer. Just before the paper goes into the fusing unit, the second transfer roller on the ADU pulls toner onto the paper. There is a metal guide the paper rides through just before this second transfer roller. On the metal guide, a black mylar strip can be found. This strip acts as a toner scatter prevention (keeps the paper clean from stray toner from the transfer belt). Over time, this mylar can become damaged, the mylar splits along the sharp edge of the metal guide and starts to warp slightly. Most of the time this is fine and will not affect anything, but if the mylar is warped enough, it can actually rub against the transfer belt. The net effect is that the image is scraped on the belt before it is even transferred to the paper.

The remedy is to replace this mylar if it is damaged as I described.

Removing it and leaving it removed is not an option, shadowing and other defects can result without it.

Albert
03-12-2010, 03:52 AM
I change the four developers and the image quality is better now, what I noticed is that the yellow developer unit, the magnetic bar inside the unit has lines along the diameter of the bar and has color glued like on the bar and is hard to clean is there is a way other than replacing the whole developer unit. Still having those lines problem even after changing the developers. By the way thank you Stirton.M for your feedback still need more help duh

Custom Search