• Show
Clear All
  • Tom
    Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
    250+ Posts
    • Jan 2009

Kyocera 8525 color registration issues

Hey all, I've got a machine keeps going out of whack on the color registration about once a month. It's a simple fix, I just go to sim 468 (color registration data) and scroll down to initialize and it goes back to normal. There aren't any firmware updates on this machine that I can see, so was wondering if anyone knew what causes this? I ended up writing down the procedure for the customer so when it goes out of whack they can fix it themselves, they seem ok with that cause it's easy but something must be causing it.
  • jcg54
    Technician
    • Jul 2023

Re: Kyocera 8525 color registration issues

Sounds like it could be firmware related maybe? Have you contacted the support line to see if they have any firmware coming down the pipeline?

Comment

• copykat93
      Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
      100+ Posts
      • Oct 2021

Sim 467 is the manual adjustment... it is a bit of a longer process... just when you think you are at the max adjustment limits, get out & back in & you're able to adjust more & lock it in. It is a longer process, but with doing it manually, it may stay locked in for a longer period if not permanently. HTH

Comment

• KYO_OEM
        Senior Tech

500+ Posts
        • Aug 2011

Check event log and you will see C7620/ no more auto color registration during calibration process possible...
        internal data out of 255/ (max data), no more auto color correction possible.
        By "reset" you change back the "255" value to "0" and it will wotk for a short time.
        during each calibration, the value deteriorates again each time because the patches cannot be read correctly anymore
        We are talking about older Hanabi system... check waste drive unit from belt for broken gear at first.
        If gear not broken change the belt......

Comment

• KYO_OEM
          Senior Tech

500+ Posts
          • Aug 2011

i forgot to attach this very old bulletin from 2015
          Attached Files

Comment

• blackcat4866
            Master Of The Obvious

Site Contributor
            10,000+ Posts
            • Jul 2007

I've never seen the official bulletin, but it's no small task. On later production models they installed a new style front cover with holes to access the screws for the waste outlet. On my machines, I just drilled holes to get to those screws. If you need information I've got documentation on this. =^..^=
            If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
            1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
            2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
            3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
            4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
            5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• Tom
              Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
              250+ Posts
              • Jan 2009

I figured it out, there's a sim (I think it was 406 or something in that area, I can't remember without going back and looking) that lets you reinitialize the data that effects registration. Did it and everything went back to normal.

Comment

Working...