Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Endothes

Sharp mx-2300n Colored Lines On Paper

Hello everyone from CopyTech, the posts and replies in which I have read so far have been very helpful and I would like to thank you all. However, here is the issue i'm encountering.

I am working on a sharp mx-2300n and I've replaced:
    • Black Drum Unit
    • Primary Transfer Belt Unit
    • Primary Transfer Belt
    • Cleaning Blade
    • Disposal Unit
    Prior to me replacing everything listed above I cleaned the whole unit top to bottom.

I replaced the drum unit because the machine alerted an error code and I went ahead and replaced the black drum unit. It makes me wonder if my problem has to do with the colored drum units because they weren't replaced.

If it does, will the printer need to be completely cleaned again or will the Transfer Belt Unit self clean the toner causing the streaking colored lines.

I also need to get new heating rollers but I don't see the correlation between the dirty transfer belt and heating rollers.

Any help would be much appreciate, Thank you again!

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar

Re: Sharp mx-2300n Colored Lines On Paper

It would be helpful to know how many copies both colour and black, any error codes and when/if previous maintence was done.
    a sample of the problem copy would be good though a few things spring to mind. first off the lines could be worn drum blades.or worn charge grids
    dirty laser glasses will cause image problems so can dirty optics. There is a whole heap of things that cause image problems.

bill

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, let's start with a few scans of the image quality issue.

You are correct, in that the primary transfer belt unit is self cleaning when it is working properly. And the wear on the fuser rollers has nothing to do with any quality issues occurring previously in the cycle. There have been a number of modifications to the fuser unit over the years. You would be best served to order the fuser assembly.

Come on back with some scans. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Endothes

Bill and Blackcat,

Thank you for the responses!

Black and White prints: 180,000

Colored Prints: 30,000

Previous maintenance was last done about a year ago

I will be able to get any error codes/pictures tomorrow when I go into work.

Thank you again,

Tyler

RICOHMAN

Hi if you lines down edge of copies then change drum if you got lines across copies check charge grid for wear/marks on the surface of grid
    also advise printing single colours this will help you find drum unit has gone
    hope this will help

Endothes

Good morning everyone!

I got into work this morning and the lines are much more faint then they were previously. They are horizontal lines spaced out and they seem to be coming out in 5-7 inch spots.

I know it's very hard to see but the lines are in the middle. SCAN

Total Count:
    • BLACK & WHITE 00,193,720
    • FULL COLOR 00,024,537
    Copies
    • BLACK & WHITE 00,115,846
    • FULL COLOR 00,003,965
    Now the weird part is after a fax comes in the printer, it automatically adjusts condition settings. This happened after two different faxes came in.

Again, Thank You all for your responses. I really do appreciate it because I have to get this machine running again, haha. I feel like we are in the dark ages without it.
    Last edited by Endothes; 11-28-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

clean the charge units on the color drums and run 25-1 for 30 seconds. If lines appear identically in diferent spots on the sheet then replace color drum and blade of that color.

Transmed31

Hello,
    I am having the same problems with magenta streaks coming out when I print things. If I copy things the streaks do not appear only when I print. I have opened the side and cleaned the secondary transfer belt and the drum unit which both had magenta toner on them. When I closed it back up and printed again the magenta toner came back in the same places. I want to open the unit up to get a look at the primary transfer belt but am unsure of the best way to do that. Images attached.

IMG_4155.jpgIMG_4156.jpgIMG_4157.jpg

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transmed31 View Post
    Hello,
    I am having the same problems with magenta streaks coming out when I print things. If I copy things the streaks do not appear only when I print. I have opened the side and cleaned the secondary transfer belt and the drum unit which both had magenta toner on them. When I closed it back up and printed again the magenta toner came back in the same places. I want to open the unit up to get a look at the primary transfer belt but am unsure of the best way to do that. Images attached.

IMG_4155.jpgIMG_4156.jpgIMG_4157.jpg
    Re-seat your memory on the MFP board, one is for copying and the other for print jobs.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Transmed31

So it could be the memory causing the toner streaks? Wouldn't I still need to open the whole machine and clean the primary transfer belt because its no doubt coated with magenta toner?