• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DOE
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Mar 2010

konica c250 transfer unit fuse replacement

Will be replacing a transfer belt fuse for the first time. It is on a Konica 250. Can someone tell me where the fuse is located on the unit. Is it easy to find or do I have to take a cover off? Copier is calling for the belt to be replaced. Thanks.
  • MVPunisher
    Trusted Tech
    Site Contributor
    100+ Posts
    • May 2013

Re: konica c250 transfer unit fuse replacement

I believe it is inside a plastic housing, inside the front left handle of the belt.

When doing these I dont even take the belt out, I just slide it out about 6 inches. Remove the claw assmebly (2 screws) An e clip, spring. The plastic housing is held by a very small screw.

10 min job or less. Cake.

Comment

• CompyTech
      Super Tech
      500+ Posts
      • Feb 2011

I believe the fuse is like .80ma... very tiny... I recently was unsuccessful with one recently on a c253.(this was a new belt would not reset) Fortunately I still had a CF card and did the PPLM mod, took care of that forever. Unfortunately you can't do the PPLM mod on the C250s

Comment

• Synaux
        Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by CompyTech
        I believe the fuse is like .80ma... very tiny... I recently was unsuccessful with one recently on a c253.(this was a new belt would not reset) Fortunately I still had a CF card and did the PPLM mod, took care of that forever. Unfortunately you can't do the PPLM mod on the C250s
        It is a .80ma fuse.
        Weird that it would work with the c253...next time maybe try an even smaller fuse?

Comment

• copier tech
          Field Supervisor
          5,000+ Posts
          • Jan 2014

Its the same quick blow fuse on all the C253 & C250 series machines .80mA take the long mental plate off, then look for 2 small metal contacts, the fuse is there.

Just make sure you have a tiny Philips screwdriver & the correct fuse, too high amp fuse & it can blow the MFP board.

Sometimes it wont blow first time, but simply power off & on the machine then wait.

Comment

• allan
            RTFM!!
            5,000+ Posts
            • Apr 2010

They are slow blow fuses.
            Whatever

Comment

Working...