• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mastarad
    Technician
    • Sep 2011

yellow dots konica 7000p

Hi friends,
    I have a little problem. I have two machines. One of them c6000 press have little yellow tracking invisible in fact. Second one is a km c7000p and there are much bigger yellow dots. Yellow dots are vissible on black 100% coverage also. Have you got any idea? Mayby firmware?
  • Phil B.
    Field Supervisor

10,000+ Posts
    • Jul 2016

Re: yellow dots konica 7000p

sounds like you have either drum or transfer belt issues... no not firmware

pull the items mentioned inspect for any indents on belt that match up with printout..same with drums

Comment

• mastarad
      Technician
      • Sep 2011

So what i have to do? Swap drums and 1btr rollers? I find sthg. I bougt c7000 two month ago and previous owner.... He increased the distance between the drum and the developer by sticking the tape onto the bearing in developer unit.

Comment

• Phil B.
        Field Supervisor

10,000+ Posts
        • Jul 2016

Originally posted by mastarad
        So what i have to do? Swap drums and 1btr rollers? I find sthg. I bougt c7000 two month ago and previous owner.... He increased the distance between the drum and the developer by sticking the tape onto the bearing in developer unit.
        no do not swap.. INSPECT the belt/roller and drums for dents dot... replace the damaged unit

putting tape on the bearing is NOT a good idea..can cause major issues.

are you a tech or end user?

Comment

• mastarad
          Technician
          • Sep 2011

I am not sure that you know what is yellow tracking dots. There is no damage. Quality is very good. All prints are perfect but yellow tracking dots is too big and vissible without enlargement glass.

Comment

• mastarad
            Technician
            • Sep 2011

I think that tape is for protect the drums from scratches.

Comment

• Phil B.
              Field Supervisor

10,000+ Posts
              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by mastarad
              I am not sure that you know what is yellow tracking dots. There is no damage. Quality is very good. All prints are perfect but yellow tracking dots is too big and vissible without enlargement glass.
              there should be no " tracking dots" this is NOT normal in ANY of the products I have worked on in the past 28 years... not copiers.. not printers... never saw them in KM.. Canon ..Kyro/mita .. Toshiba .. Xerox .. Oki .. Panasonic .. Sharps... Samsung.. Oce

SOMETHING is causing them ...

and as far as the 'tape' this is what you said " He increased the distance between the drum and the developer by sticking the tape onto the bearing in developer unit. " UNLESS you are a design engineer you should never modify the spacing on anything.. that can lead to toner spill/dusting.

Comment

• Coptech
                worker drone

250+ Posts
                • Dec 2009

Actually, Konica and I assume other manufacturers have used yellow tracking dots on color machines. The not so random pattern will identify manufacturer, model, and even the serial number of the machine if you know the code. It is anti-counterfeiting countermeasures mandated by the fed. That is why all boards have the machine serial number embedded so that you can't "fool the system". Supposed to be visible under microscope but not so much with naked eye. That is why they chose yellow to make them a little more "invisible".

Why You Can't Print Counterfeit Money on Your Color Laser | PCWorld
                Last edited by Coptech; 06-01-2017, 09:38 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

• Phil B.
                  Field Supervisor

10,000+ Posts
                  • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Coptech
                  Actually, Konica and I assume other manufacturers have used yellow tracking dots on color machines. The not so random pattern will identify manufacturer, model, and even the serial number of the machine if you know the code. It is anti-counterfeiting countermeasures mandated by the fed. That is why all boards have the machine serial number embedded so that you can't "fool the system". Supposed to be visible under microscope but not so much with naked eye. That is why they chose yellow to make them a little more "invisible".

Why You Can't Print Counterfeit Money on Your Color Laser | PCWorld
                  key word microscope

if they are visible to the naked eye SOMETHING is wrong.

Comment

• mastarad
                    Technician
                    • Sep 2011

So we know about yellow dots. It is normal in laser printing... What is a reason that my c7000p make a much bigger dots than c6000p.

Comment

• DigiMan
                      Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
                      250+ Posts
                      • Jan 2013

Well about the tapes im pretty sure the previous owner tried to fix some density balance issues with that but never heard of tape
                      on a bearing..As far as the tracking dots it's very well known why and how it is,i remember in my PRESS c8000 training the dots were so large
                      you could see them clearly even in white paper(just a blank print).When i asked the instructor why they were so large he said it was normal...go figure.
                      Anyway as a tech on several 7's i've never seen them so clearly as you state,are you a tech or end user?
                      If you are a tech you could try to inspect all the parts,do some FW updates etc..by the by whats the previous owner has to say about it?
                      I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Comment

• habik
                        Service Manager

Site Contributor
                        1,000+ Posts
                        • Apr 2010

Get a matchstick and put it next to the dots, then take a picture with smartphoine on macro mode so we have at least idea if the machine has been making some money or not

I am really intrigued as how visible it is.

Flashing it with firmware can help.
                        .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
                        Firmwares HERE

Comment

• blackcat4866
                          Master Of The Obvious

Site Contributor
                          10,000+ Posts
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by habik
                          Get a matchstick and put it next to the dots, then take a picture with smartphoine on macro mode so we have at least idea if the machine has been making some money or not

I am really intrigued as how visible it is.

Flashing it with firmware can help.
                          It may help us see these dots if you were to illuminate the image with an ultraviolet flashlight. Yellow becomes much more visible. =^..^=

UV flashlight2.JPGUV flashlight3.JPGUV flashlight1.JPG
                          Last edited by blackcat4866; 06-08-2017, 01:03 AM.
                          If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
                          1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
                          2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
                          3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
                          4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
                          5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• mastarad
                            Technician
                            • Sep 2011

solved. Developer.

Comment

• Synthohol
                              Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
                              5,000+ Posts
                              • Mar 2016

basic troubleshooting, swap the yellow and magenta DV units. put tape over the holes of course and reinstall. leave the toner door open so it wont try to add toner during this test.
                              make the same print/copy you get the dots on. if the dots change color to magenta you now eliminated the drum and DV unit as the cause. if they remain yellow you have a bad drum or developer/unit.

[edit] LOL, when answering a post be sure to read the next page if any. i didn't [/edit]
                              We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
                              The medication helps though...

Comment

Working...