• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • positiveg
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Jun 2018

C454 cyan prints and hazy text

Hey there all. Hope all is well. I can't figure out why we are getting prints
    But the text is hazy and then we are getting blue prints especially in the edges.
    Please assist thanks

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
  • copier tech
    Field Supervisor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2014

Re: C454 cyan prints and hazy text

Originally posted by positiveg
    Hey there all. Hope all is well. I can't figure out why we are getting prints
    But the text is hazy and then we are getting blue prints especially in the edges.
    Please assist thanks

More information will help.

What are the image unit, developer & transfer unit life ?

Are you using genuine Konica Minolta toner ?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Comment

• tsbservice
      Field tech
      Site Contributor
      5,000+ Posts
      • May 2007

If you change C drum with another Y drum what is outcome?
      A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
      Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• positiveg
        Trusted Tech
        250+ Posts
        • Jun 2018

Will share the life of the toners. Yep Genuine.

I'll t4y to switch the drums around thanks

Comment

• allan
          RTFM!!
          5,000+ Posts
          • Apr 2010

Any p-codes? Could be a layer issue before the PDF was created? Use Adobe to print from.
          Seen this before and looks like an issue with the document itself.
          Whatever

Comment

• Copier Addict
            Aging Tech
            Site Contributor
            10,000+ Posts
            • Jul 2013

Have you cleaned the IDC sensors under the transfer belt?

Comment

• EarthKmTech
              Step aside, noob
              1,000+ Posts
              • May 2009

blue on the edge of the sheets is notorious on this model, note that it may not be visible till much later in imperial paper size regions due to the shorter cross direction width of the sheets.

Developing roller side seals dont do a great job, particularly on the cyan dev units. Cyan toner ends up contaminating the charge section at the same end where the leak starts, and you get fading in that zone. Eventually developer abraids the drum in this area too and you get tough textured cyan marks down that side of the page.

It is very important to vacuum out the developer suction ports when replacing developing units and vacuum / replace the toner filter. Never let it clog up. I also set the cyan TCR value to -2 (optional)

When the developing unit has failed, its important to replace it with the drum together at the same time.

Comment

• positiveg
                Trusted Tech
                250+ Posts
                • Jun 2018

Originally posted by allan
                Any p-codes? Could be a layer issue before the PDF was created? Use Adobe to print from.
                Seen this before and looks like an issue with the document itself.
                No it happens with all our docs. Whether jog pdf. Text just shows up like that

Comment

• positiveg
                  Trusted Tech
                  250+ Posts
                  • Jun 2018

Originally posted by EarthKmTech
                  blue on the edge of the sheets is notorious on this model, note that it may not be visible till much later in imperial paper size regions due to the shorter cross direction width of the sheets.

Developing roller side seals dont do a great job, particularly on the cyan dev units. Cyan toner ends up contaminating the charge section at the same end where the leak starts, and you get fading in that zone. Eventually developer abraids the drum in this area too and you get tough textured cyan marks down that side of the page.

It is very important to vacuum out the developer suction ports when replacing developing units and vacuum / replace the toner filter. Never let it clog up. I also set the cyan TCR value to -2 (optional)

When the developing unit has failed, its important to replace it with the drum together at the same time.
                  Thanks I'll pull the dev and see. But you are right it spills unto the drum and in fact on the mag and yellow drum too.
                  But I'll check the cyan dev unit and let you know plus also change the values

Comment

Working...