• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christian8220
    Technician

Site Contributor
    • Jul 2020

Print quality issue Konica Minolta C308

I have a Konica Minolta C308 I bought used. It seems to work fine other then there are black marks/stripes on the output. The black marks are on all test pages from the service menu no matter the color. See the attached files.

I have checked the following:
    Fuser unit: It was a bit dusty, so I cleaned it with some compressed air. I now seem fine.
    Image transfer belt: have not marks and nothing matches the black marks on the output.
    All drums: none of them have any marks.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I should check next or where the course to marks could be?

The machine have 160.000 pages in total.
    Attached Files
  • Kenny
    Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
    250+ Posts
    • Jun 2009

Re: Print quality issue Konica Minolta C308

Originally posted by christian8220
    I have a Konica Minolta C308 I bought used. It seems to work fine other then there are black marks/stripes on the output. The black marks are on all test pages from the service menu no matter the color. See the attached files.

I have checked the following:
    Fuser unit: It was a bit dusty, so I cleaned it with some compressed air. I now seem fine.
    Image transfer belt: have not marks and nothing matches the black marks on the output.
    All drums: none of them have any marks.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I should check next or where the course to marks could be?

The machine have 160.000 pages in total.
    i would personally say that is the black drum unit. Especially as it is end of life

Comment

• Elmo
      Senior Tech

Site Contributor
      500+ Posts
      • Feb 2010

Agree with kenny Black Drum Unit

Expected Life 120K
      I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Comment

• tsbservice
        Field tech

Site Contributor
        5,000+ Posts
        • May 2007

+2 for dr313k
        A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
        Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• christian8220
          Technician

Site Contributor
          • Jul 2020

I had the black drum out. However, I was not able to see any marks. I have now ordered a new DR313K to see if it fix the problem. I will keep you updated. Thank you for your reply

Comment

• femaster
            Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
            • May 2011

Originally posted by christian8220
            I had the black drum out. However, I was not able to see any marks. I have now ordered a new DR313K to see if it fix the problem. I will keep you updated. Thank you for your reply
            That is a classic sign of a K drum issue on the machines that use a charge roller. If you look closely at the charge roller, you will see marks on it. The physical drum is probably still in decent shape, it's those crappy charge rollers that are the headache.
            A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
            My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

Working...