• Show
Clear All
  • JasonSBE
    Trusted Tech
    Site Contributor
    100+ Posts
    • Apr 2014

Bizhub 808 making noise when feeding from bottom cassettes

These 808's have been mostly solid from my past experience, but I have one on the field that is making a pretty audible noise from the bottom two cassettes when paper is printed from the bottom trays. Sounds almost like the same noise you would get when a waste tank has a bound up auger, more like a loud rattle than a grinding noise. I'm terrible at chasing down noise issues, and the solutions file has nothing. Has anyone experienced anything like this on any of the Minolta style machines(654, 652, 650, etc.)?
  • techsxge
    Senior Tech
    Site Contributor
    500+ Posts
    • Jan 2022

Re: Bizhub 808 making noise when feeding from bottom cassettes

Originally posted by JasonSBE
    These 808's have been mostly solid from my past experience, but I have one on the field that is making a pretty audible noise from the bottom two cassettes when paper is printed from the bottom trays. Sounds almost like the same noise you would get when a waste tank has a bound up auger, more like a loud rattle than a grinding noise. I'm terrible at chasing down noise issues, and the solutions file has nothing. Has anyone experienced anything like this on any of the Minolta style machines(654, 652, 650, etc.)?
    I can recall having some issues with a toothing belt that was sitting to tight and stopped the motor from rotating properly. Cant recall if this was on a c364 or c368 though.

A Audio Example would be neat. Its easier to identify the sound source with audio

Comment

• blackcat4866
      Master Of The Obvious
      Site Contributor
      10,000+ Posts
      • Jul 2007

The only references that I have to noises on this model are associated with the External Paper Source, and overfilled waste bottles. I don't think either of those are your issue. =^..^=
      If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
      1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
      2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
      3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
      4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
      5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• femaster
        Service Manager
        1,000+ Posts
        • May 2011

We had an 808 with around 2.2M pages that started making noise and had jamming issues when feeding from the bottom 2 large capacity trays. It turned out to be the drive motor for the feed units in trays. The spiral gear teeth on the motor shaft had worn down. After replacing the motor noise and jams were gone. I'd take a look at that motor and see if those teeth are worn down. Look close, as it's not always easy to tell.

Craziest thing how plastic gears can wear down metal, but somehow it happens.
        A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
        My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

Working...