• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emujo2
    Service Manager
    1,000+ Posts
    • Mar 2017

[Misc] No printing after Spectrum router changeout

We have a C4050I installed "wireless only", this has been working for a year or so but after a Spectrum router exchange we get a call for not printing.

MFP is setup DHCP, and pulling exact IP scheme as the PCs in the office.
    MFP can scan to email
    MFP cannot print, will not ping, and can not open PSWC.
    We set IP to static X.X.X 200. Same symptoms, scans to gmail just fine, no print, ping or web connect.
    I opened the router web page but without Spectrum's App and login info I can't make a single change..What I am looking for is a setting on the router that might be blocking port 9100, ICMP, and port 80 traffic. I can turn this over to the customer/spectrum. Again, I'm not looking of for troubleshooting help on the machines lack of connectivity, it can scan to email so I know it's connected and the IP scheme is all 192.168.1.X
    192.168.1.1 (gateway and DNS info)
  • tsbservice
    Field tech
    Site Contributor
    5,000+ Posts
    • May 2007

Re: No printing after Spectrum router changeout

Make sure the MFP and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network. Try to stop temporarily firewall/antivirus and retest.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• emujo2
      Service Manager
      1,000+ Posts
      • Mar 2017

Wireless settings show the same SSID for everything, and making firewall changes/antivirus does nothing from the PC end.

Comment

• wjurls
        Trusted Tech
        Site Contributor
        250+ Posts
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by emujo2
        Wireless settings show the same SSID for everything, and making firewall changes/antivirus does nothing from the PC end.
        I know you said that the IP schemes all match up, but this sounds a lot like an IP filtering issue.

Comment

• AndresM
          Technician
          Site Contributor
          • Jan 2016

No printing after Spectrum router changeout

I Gould check the firewall. Settings next.

Good luck,

Andy

Comment

• rrrohan
            Service Manager
            Site Contributor
            1,000+ Posts
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by AndresM
            I Gould check the firewall. Settings next.

Good luck,

Andy
            ive had user on guest wifi where traffic is isolated between the networks

Comment

• KenB
              Geek Extraordinaire
              2,500+ Posts
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by rrrohan
              ive had user on guest wifi where traffic is isolated between the networks
              That makes sense.

Scan to email is working because the traffic is going out to a mail server on the Internet.

I bet it would fail if the server was on the opposite side of the network.
              “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Comment

• JasonSBE
                Trusted Tech
                Site Contributor
                100+ Posts
                • Apr 2014

Are the PCs also connected wirelessly? I have seen environments where WIFI traffic and Ethernet traffic are treated as separate networks, which would explain why you're connected to the internet but cannot pass data between the PCs and the MFP. Assuming that's their environment, you could try connecting your laptop to their Wi-Fi and see if you can ping the mfp.

Comment

• emujo2
                  Service Manager
                  1,000+ Posts
                  • Mar 2017

Interestingly enough, I had a 2nd account that had the same issue..Router changed when Spectrum came in. This one never emailed, but once again, no print, ping or PSCW. Device pulls an IP in the same scheme as the desktops. Laptop connected directly can print.

Comment

• femaster
                    Service Manager
                    1,000+ Posts
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by emujo2
                    Interestingly enough, I had a 2nd account that had the same issue..Router changed when Spectrum came in. This one never emailed, but once again, no print, ping or PSCW. Device pulls an IP in the same scheme as the desktops. Laptop connected directly can print.
                    If the laptop is connected directly via ethernet, then the problem must be with the customer's network configuration and not the copier. Unless you also maintain their network, I'd say it's time to hand this problem off to their IT people.

It almost sounds as if wireless clients are isolated from each other. If there are other devices in the office that run on the same wireless, see if you can ping a different device. Try running a ping from the copier to the PC and see if the copier can get a reply from any of the PCs or even another printer on the same network.
                    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
                    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

Working...