PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM-5050 POP3 Understanding

Custom Search

Michael.Burke
08-18-2011, 05:42 PM
New to forum. Thanks for the info hub....

I have a KM-5050. I created a generic email account (scanner@domain.com) so users can send scans from the machine using the generic account. I understand that there are both SMTP & POP3 settings. What I don't understand is the layout of the POP3 portion. Users are able to send themselves scanned images using the SMTP settings.

Here is what confuses me:

I sent an email to the scanner account & let the POP3 "receive" the email. The test email was removed from the mail server yet I have no idea where it went.

Can someone elaborate on the the below settings and how to configure them? Also, where is that darn email? LOL

Thanks,

Michael

blackcat4866
08-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't know much about POP3, but I do know that a Falcon III MFP cannot receive an email. It can only send them. It's a one-way thing. Because of this, it's nice to have an email account set up but not absolutely necessary. Any sender address with the correct domain is acceptable, for example: scanner@copytechnet.com

=^..^=

Michael.Burke
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Does the newest firmware support secure email? We are migrating to Office 365 & they require:

POP setting
Port: 995
Encryption method: SSL

SMTP setting
Port: 587
Encryption method: TLS

tmaged
08-19-2011, 03:44 AM
No, the 5050 won't do TLS. It's doesn't do SSL very well.
The POP setting will check an email account & print it out. It doesn't look like you have it enabled.

Custom Search