• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yormets
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • May 2009

Konica 7228 F26-3 0003 L Detect Code

I know this is T/D related. This machine was running copies when this code occurred. Usually I can replenish toner on these models and redo L Detect and you're off. Not this time. No matter what I tried, the code remained. So I went back to the shop, got a working unit out of another machine. Ran L Detect.....F26-3 again. I physically added toner to this TD unit, same result F26-3. Other than getting new developer (which is pricey) and trying again, what else could it be? Why would it die in the middle of a copy run. I am running OEM toner in my shop machine. The second TD unit. I believe the original unit is running a generic. But that wouldn't explain why the second unit has the same error as the first. Any idea's?
    Roy
  • JustManuals
    Field Supervisor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2006

Re: Konica 7228 F26-3 0003 L Detect Code

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Comment

• kingarthur
      Service Manager
      1,000+ Posts
      • Feb 2008

Are you sure the dev unit is turning, take the unit out & wipe the dev off of the mag roller, then put it back in the m/c and switch it on, if the mag roller isn't covered in dev when you take it back out, then it's either the dev motor or the PRCB
      Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Comment

• yormets
        Trusted Tech
        250+ Posts
        • May 2009

Originally posted by manuals4you
        This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads Paul@justmanuals.com
        Thanks for nothing.

Comment

• SmellsHot
          Head Tech
          500+ Posts
          • Dec 2009

OR enter 47mode. input 50 and hit start...do you hear motor turning?
          Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Comment

• yormets
            Trusted Tech
            250+ Posts
            • May 2009

Thanks for the information. The developer is not turning. I have a parts machine. Is it difficult to replace? I'm going to attempt it in the office. I guess I'll look at my parts machine first. Any tips would be appreciated.

Comment

• TEKK09
              Trusted Tech
              100+ Posts
              • Apr 2008

I have a 7222 that has the same problem...the mag roller isn't being turned.(see http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ko...26-3-code.html) But also, the drum does not rotate, but I'm not sure it should as it goes into code within a couple seconds of saying, 'warming up'. Let me know what you find. I'm not lucky enough to have a machine to rob from.

Comment

• kingarthur
                Service Manager
                1,000+ Posts
                • Feb 2008

if i remember correctly, you have 2 paper feed motors & one that drives the dev, swap the dev motor over with one of the paper feed motors, the m/c should work, but you'll paper misfeeds
                Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Comment

• TEKK09
                  Trusted Tech
                  100+ Posts
                  • Apr 2008

Wow! Good idea. Just what I was looking for. I'll try it in the morning.

Comment

• TEKK09
                    Trusted Tech
                    100+ Posts
                    • Apr 2008

I'm trying to confirm that the developer motor and the paper-feed motors are the same, but can't find the part numbers in the service manual. I guess there is a separate manual for the parts, but I haven't been able to locate one online.

Comment

• kingarthur
                      Service Manager
                      1,000+ Posts
                      • Feb 2008

as far as i can remember the only difference is the RPM & the rating, but you shouldn't do any harm swapping them over,

the part numbers, as far as i can see are 27LA 8001 00 & 27LA 8003 00, items 11 & 38 on page 7 of the parts manual, as far as i can remember those are the 2 to swap around

Comment

Working...