PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C6501 Fuser Knocking / Clicking... Broke 2 lower lamps...

Custom Search

methogod
07-01-2013, 12:27 PM
So i have 2 C6501s, and 3 fusers that we use till fail (usually when the belt fails....)

I have 1 that keeps breaking lower lamps, been through 2 of them so far.

I have eliminated the entire drive unit, and all the gears not on the drive unit, by replacement.

Replaced the fuser limiter, but not the gear as it looked brand new.

After all this put it back, and the clicking returned after 30 minutes or so...

Decided to do bushings and bearings.

So far i have found that the middle roller (heavy drive rollers) bearings were dented up pretty good. (replaced)

Since this is my replacement fuser, which right now i have some pretty good wear in the belt in a machine. So i would like to swap them, but I am not breaking any more lamps.

If i replace 4 bearings, and 2 bushings, and this knocking returns - any suggestions of what else it could be?

While pulling this apart i have loc-tighted just about every screw, that i think could get loose. Most of the times its the front scres on the drive unit that back out during long runs, but I do not want to break any more lamps. So its blue loc-tight for every screw. I dont think it can hurt.

If any one has seen this and knows specifically what it could be please let me know...

Custom Search