Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69
  1. #21
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Konica C284e/C364e firmware File


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    saudi
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari007 View Post
    Go to Service Menu>System 2>HDD> Click Not Installed..

    Animation Guide error will not disturb you again ... (This is a temporary solution)

    Install the animation Guide file once you find the movie data file.. (turn hdd on first from System 2> HDD > Installed)

    If you turn off HDD, multi page pdf scans having pages more than 10 will not transmit to your PC. Machine might hang. Normal printing operation will work fine.
    To date code number C-D010 has not gone
    Please I want to solve all the problems because the machine does not work and I am very sad WhatsApp Image 2019-07-29 at 9.32.20 AM.jpg

  2. #22
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Hansoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    End user?

    Hans
    " Sent from my Intel i286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

  3. #23
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Konica C284e/C364e firmware File


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    saudi
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    End user?

    Hans
    Yes I'm the end user it's my machine in the office

  4. #24
    KonicaMinolta Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Kansas
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Quote Originally Posted by mhmds102466 View Post
    Yes I'm the end user it's my machine in the office
    Then call a tech to fix your machine!!!

    As much time and effort as you've spent posting all over this forum in multiple places about the exact same thing, you could have called a tech and had it working already.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and have worked at the same company since then, now the senior tech, since 2000.

  5. #25
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Konica C284e/C364e firmware File


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    saudi
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Then call a tech to fix your machine!!!

    As much time and effort as you've spent posting all over this forum in multiple places about the exact same thing, you could have called a tech and had it working already.
    I called the engineer of Monletta before he was a fraudster he came to the office and shut down all color photocopiers with a password and a password
    Service Malnual
    I do not trust any engineer
    I love I work with my hand
    Thank you
    Thanks for all the forum

  6. #26
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,834
    Rep Power
    256

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Quote Originally Posted by mhmds102466 View Post
    I called the engineer of Monletta before he was a fraudster he came to the office and shut down all color photocopiers with a password and a password
    Service Malnual
    I do not trust any engineer
    I love I work with my hand
    Thank you
    Thanks for all the forum
    well then you come here..... try to pick our brains (because you have no FUCKING idea on what you're doing)... and THEN say you don't trust Service Engineers?

    Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

    WE HERE ARE SERVICE ENGINEERS!!!!!

    maybe the 'other' engineer figured out what a SHIT for BRAINS you are, and knew you were a lost cause.

    YES it IS customary for a Tech/Engineer to enable passwords.. to keep STUPID users from FUCKING THINGS UP!

    LOOK thru the threads, at all the end users that think doing an "ALL CLEAR" on the machine THINKING that will solve the problem -=OR=- the ones that FORMAT their HHD without: 1) the service manual 2) have performed a BACKUP of all DATA 3) do not have the proper files to re-install 4) HAVING a FUCKING CLUE of what they are doing

    Most Techs here have gone thru HOURS and HOURS of training on JUST ONE MODEL...

    Having been in the industry for 30+ years, I know with my THOUSANDS of Certs on MOST BRANDS I have spent more time than a MBA would for a degree.
    BUT morons like YOU think you can be my EQUAL... it will never happen (BTW .. Yes I do have OTHER degrees also)

  7. #27
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Konica C284e/C364e firmware File


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    saudi
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    [QUOTE = Phil B.؛ 790281] حسنًا ، أتيت إلى هنا ..... حاول اختيار أدمغتنا (نظرًا لعدم وجود فكرة عن ما تفعله) ... ثم تقول إنك لا تثق في الخدمة المهندسين؟

    ويسكي تانجو فوكستروت؟

    نحن هنا مهندسون خدمة!

    ربما اكتشف المهندس "الآخر" ما هو القرف بالنسبة لك ، وأنت تعلم أنك سبب ضائع.

    نعم ، من المعتاد بالنسبة لـ Tech / Engineer أن يقوم بتمكين كلمات المرور .. للحفاظ على مستخدمي STUPID من الأشياء المزعجة!

    انظر من خلال الخيوط ، على كل المستخدمين النهائيين الذين يعتقدون القيام بـ "ALL CLEAR" على الجهاز الذي سيؤدي إلى حل المشكلة - = أو = - تلك التي تشكل HHD دون استخدام:

    لقد مرت معظم التقنيات هنا من خلال HOURS و HOURS من التدريب على JUST ONE MODEL ...

    بعد أن أمضيت أكثر من 30 عامًا في هذا المجال ، فأنا أعلم مع آلاف من Certs في أكثر الماركات التي قضيتها في الجامعة .
    لكن كآبة مثلك تعتقد أنك يمكن أن تكون EQUAL ... لن يحدث ذلك أبداً (راجع للشغل .. نعم لديّ درجات أخرى أيضًا) [/ QUOTE]


    I'm sorry
    I do not mean insulting you
    I am evening what the engineer did
    I had a password from 1 to 8
    The engineer came without my knowledge and changed the password. I came to see another engineer who said I do not know the password
    I am sorry again
    We are all brothers and I do not like to be insulted or wrong in anyone

  8. #28
    Technician Ari007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    well then you come here..... try to pick our brains (because you have no FUCKING idea on what you're doing)... and THEN say you don't trust Service Engineers?

    Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

    WE HERE ARE SERVICE ENGINEERS!!!!!

    maybe the 'other' engineer figured out what a SHIT for BRAINS you are, and knew you were a lost cause.

    YES it IS customary for a Tech/Engineer to enable passwords.. to keep STUPID users from FUCKING THINGS UP!

    LOOK thru the threads, at all the end users that think doing an "ALL CLEAR" on the machine THINKING that will solve the problem -=OR=- the ones that FORMAT their HHD without: 1) the service manual 2) have performed a BACKUP of all DATA 3) do not have the proper files to re-install 4) HAVING a FUCKING CLUE of what they are doing

    Most Techs here have gone thru HOURS and HOURS of training on JUST ONE MODEL...

    Having been in the industry for 30+ years, I know with my THOUSANDS of Certs on MOST BRANDS I have spent more time than a MBA would for a degree.
    BUT morons like YOU think you can be my EQUAL... it will never happen (BTW .. Yes I do have OTHER degrees also)
    Don't get angry on him..

    He's not trying to compare him with a tech.

    I faced similar issues like him. There are lot of techs in many dealerships without proper troubleshooting knowledge and they just recommends to swap things out. I described the problem in detail (Link: Bizhub C224e Unknown Issue ) ...

    There are lot of ways they'll (shit techs) try to extract money from the customer. And there are good techs who'll suggest which solution will be best for the customer..

  9. #29
    Technician Ari007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    Quote Originally Posted by mhmds102466 View Post
    To date code number C-D010 has not gone
    Please I want to solve all the problems because the machine does not work and I am very sad WhatsApp Image 2019-07-29 at 9.32.20 AM.jpg
    c-d010.jpg

    go ahead..

  10. #30
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Konica C284e/C364e firmware File


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    saudi
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Konica C284e/C364e firmware File

    [QUOTE = Ari007؛ 790413] تابع c-d010.jpg

    .. [/ QUOTE]
    The code problem c-d010 has been resolved
    And the rest of the problem lines
    When copying
    And the rest of the Animation Guide Data files

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here