Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ronkonkoma
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    I was printing a fairly large prunt job. Paper got jammed. I fixed the jam and then get a notice of printer "Load paper in bypass tray". It would not print regularly after jam was fixed. I didnt mess with any settings before that.
    Currently the screen says "Load paper in bypass tray". When I try to print it does nothing. I went into printer preferences. The input tray selected is "auto tray select". I have also tried "Tray 1" with no luck.
    Are you able to advise how I can get my printer functioning. Is there a way to reset printer to factory defaults? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts 8T2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Is it the same print job trying to complete after the jam or a new one? What paper source is selected on PC/Mac? Does the printer not give the option to form feed from different tray? What happens if you try printing a different document?

    Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,195
    Rep Power
    374

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Is it the same print job trying to complete after the jam or a new one? What paper source is selected on PC/Mac? Does the printer not give the option to form feed from different tray? What happens if you try printing a different document?

    Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    sounds like the file properties is set for Bypass. After clearing the jam I wonder if he tested the sensor in SM to see if it is working or maybe the flag isn't set properly.

    maybe there is a job in the print que holding up the rest of the files from printing.

    soo many questions soo little info given.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ronkonkoma
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    I canceled the job and tried printing other pages. I get the same error. The printer just says "load paper in bypass tray"
    Where could I find the paper source?

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    GIUBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Quote Originally Posted by MYRICOHNEEDSHELP View Post
    I was printing a fairly large prunt job. Paper got jammed. I fixed the jam and then get a notice of printer "Load paper in bypass tray". It would not print regularly after jam was fixed. I didnt mess with any settings before that.
    Currently the screen says "Load paper in bypass tray". When I try to print it does nothing. I went into printer preferences. The input tray selected is "auto tray select". I have also tried "Tray 1" with no luck.
    Are you able to advise how I can get my printer functioning. Is there a way to reset printer to factory defaults? Thanks in advance.
    Before starting a new print you should check the print in progress in the printer properties and cancel the current job, otherwise the printer will continue to ask for paper in the tray used at the time of the command until it has finished printing the entire document. . For the reset it is a bit excessive as a solution.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,195
    Rep Power
    374

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Quote Originally Posted by MYRICOHNEEDSHELP View Post
    I canceled the job and tried printing other pages. I get the same error. The printer just says "load paper in bypass tray"
    Where could I find the paper source?
    you claim to be a 10+ year tech and you can't find the file properties?

    what program are you printing from? word - what?


    open the file look for file properties of the file... look for paper source.

    you delete one file are there other files waiting to print? YES? clear the WHOLE que

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ronkonkoma
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    It doesnt appear that there are any pages in print progress. There is nothing in the queue.

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    GIUBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Quote Originally Posted by MYRICOHNEEDSHELP View Post
    It doesnt appear that there are any pages in print progress. There is nothing in the queue.
    check the document size if it matches the tray where you intend to print, or select tray 1 and not auto tray select.

  9. #9
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,973
    Rep Power
    412

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Is it the same print job trying to complete after the jam or a new one? What paper source is selected on PC/Mac? Does the printer not give the option to form feed from different tray? What happens if you try printing a different document?

    Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    He said it was set to "auto tray select"

  10. #10
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,973
    Rep Power
    412

    Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

    Often when "auto tray select" is set and the trays run out of paper it will attempt to feed from the bypass tray. Are the paper trays that are set for the paper size the job is using empty? Reload all trays and put 1 or 2 sheets in the bypass and see what happens.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here