Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EchteTechnieker
    • Jan 2024

Ricoh toner flaking

Hello, I have the following problem with Ricoh 3003 - 6003: sometimes it seems as if the ink is flaking off, then you see a stamp on the next page. We usually solve this by raising the temperature of the fuser, but this does not always work. we sometimes use original toners, but not always. could it have something to do with this?
    Attached Files
  • DeepRepair
    Technician
    • Nov 2023

Re: Ricoh toner flaking

Possible causes
    Poor quality toner
    Fuser problems
    Development unit problems
    Overtime Developer
    Misconfigured paper

Comment

• luca72
      Field Supervisor
      1,000+ Posts
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by EchteTechnieker
      Hello, I have the following problem with Ricoh 3003 - 6003: sometimes it seems as if the ink is flaking off, then you see a stamp on the next page. We usually solve this by raising the temperature of the fuser, but this does not always work. we sometimes use original toners, but not always. could it have something to do with this?
      cleaning thermistors or replacing them, increase the paper weight setting (even by quite a bit), and/or set the driver setting to "quality"
      "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Comment

• mrwho
        Major Asshole!
        Site Contributor
        2,500+ Posts
        • Apr 2009

And yes: non-original toner could cause that (not that it's forcibly your problem, but don't discard the possibility yet).
        ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
        Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Comment

• slimslob
          Retired
          Site Contributor
          25,000+ Posts
          • May 2013

Once you have used non Ricoh toner, the developer is contaminated.

Comment

• Oze
            Ricoh Fanboy
            1,000+ Posts
            • Jul 2008

A qualified Ricoh trained tech can sort that for you.
            Contact your nearest dealer.

Comment

• mrwho
              Major Asshole!
              Site Contributor
              2,500+ Posts
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by slimslob
              Once you have used non Ricoh toner, the developer is contaminated.
              A possible solution for that is to replace the aftermarket toner with an OEM one and then take about 40 A3/DLT skyshots to force the complete refresh of the toner in the developer. I've done it before.
              ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
              Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Comment

Working...