Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Fax to Email

  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    16

    Fax to Email

    Hello, everyone. I've been running into an issue with a client request. The client IT has attempted to configure what they call Fax to Email on an IM 350, but has ran into issues. They have experience setting up the Bizhubs for this and was configuring Internet-fax. My research along with my tech support contacts have been finding ways to receive fax and forward to email or various SMTP reception settings while the client is wanting transmission. The flow as describe should be [Faxnumber]@fax.xxx.com from the unit to their exchange sever and from their to a local fax server.

    I have looked into and provided the fax area of the user manual, as mentioned above, sent information that appeared to fit scheme. Reportedly attempts have at least an E1 error. The Email in the fax App also has not solved the issue. I am wondering if I and my support contacts have just missed something small or are focused on an erroneous aspect of this. I do hope this makes a connection with someone here even if it is just a correction for my focus. Thank you, brain trust, for your time and effort.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Fax to Email

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,481
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Fax to Email

    Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Hello, everyone. I've been running into an issue with a client request. The client IT has attempted to configure what they call Fax to Email on an IM 350, but has ran into issues. They have experience setting up the Bizhubs for this and was configuring Internet-fax. My research along with my tech support contacts have been finding ways to receive fax and forward to email or various SMTP reception settings while the client is wanting transmission. The flow as describe should be [Faxnumber]@fax.xxx.com from the unit to their exchange sever and from their to a local fax server.

    I have looked into and provided the fax area of the user manual, as mentioned above, sent information that appeared to fit scheme. Reportedly attempts have at least an E1 error. The Email in the fax App also has not solved the issue. I am wondering if I and my support contacts have just missed something small or are focused on an erroneous aspect of this. I do hope this makes a connection with someone here even if it is just a correction for my focus. Thank you, brain trust, for your time and effort.


    First add the email address to the address book you want to incoming faxes forwarded to.

    Then go to fax reception setting & turn on forwarding etc.

    Here's a handy little video.


    How to Setup Fax Forwarding on Your Ricoh/Savin IM Series - YouTube
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  3. #3
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,949
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: Fax to Email

    Maybe I’m missing something, but it’s not clear to me if you are attempting to:

    a. Receive faxes at the MFP, and then forward them on to email addresses. MUCH more commonly done,

    or

    b. Scan to email at the MFP, and have those scans sent out via fax on the customer’s fax server. This is where the fax server grabs all email from the local unique fax domain, if you will, and faxes out to the fax number contained within the brackets.

    Emailing to “[faxnumber]@fax.xxx.com” sounds much more like the latter.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

  4. #4
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Fax to Email

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    34,054
    Rep Power
    984

    Re: Fax to Email

    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Emailing to “[faxnumber]@fax.xxx.com” sounds much more like the latter.
    There's an internet service that has been available for years called eFax. To send a fax just email to faxnumber]@efaxsend.com. You can also send from your computer or mobile device using their app. You also get a phone number that others can send faxes to. You receive them as an email attachment. They also have HIPPA compliant plans.

    When I was in Iraq in 2005 couple of other senior NCOs and I had accounts with them. Came in quite handy when soldiers in our unit needed documents from their home unit. We would give the soldier one of our eFax numbers and tell them to have their unit fax the documents. None of our soldiers ever missed a cut off date for submitting a promotion packet.

    There are probably other such services available.

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Fax to Email

    KenB "b. Scan to email at the MFP, and have those scans sent out via fax on the customer’s fax server. This is where the fax server grabs all email from the local unique fax domain, if you will, and faxes out to the fax number contained within the brackets."

    This is what I can gather by what I have been told.

    Slimslob: "There's an internet service that has been available for years called eFax. To send a fax just email to faxnumber]@efaxsend.com."

    If i am understanding you correctly, provided that this is a similar service, it would be Scan to Email using the faxnumber and not Email under the Fax App (internet fax, IIRC)?

    Thank you for reading and responding.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Fax to Email

    dalewb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    825
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Fax to Email

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There's an internet service that has been available for years called eFax. To send a fax just email to faxnumber]@efaxsend.com. You can also send from your computer or mobile device using their app. You also get a phone number that others can send faxes to. You receive them as an email attachment. They also have HIPPA compliant plans.

    When I was in Iraq in 2005 couple of other senior NCOs and I had accounts with them. Came in quite handy when soldiers in our unit needed documents from their home unit. We would give the soldier one of our eFax numbers and tell them to have their unit fax the documents. None of our soldiers ever missed a cut off date for submitting a promotion packet.

    There are probably other such services available.
    hey slim. was just reading your post. looks like you were rolling around baghdad the same time i was. though i left in march. so maybe not the same time. but we ran some of the same roads i am sure. SCOUTS OUT FRONT!!

  7. #7
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Fax to Email

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    34,054
    Rep Power
    984

    Re: Fax to Email

    Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    hey slim. was just reading your post. looks like you were rolling around baghdad the same time i was. though i left in march. so maybe not the same time. but we ran some of the same roads i am sure. SCOUTS OUT FRONT!!
    After training at Fort Lewis, we departed McChord Air Force Base early morning December 22, 2004 and landed in Kuwait Christmas Day. We convoyed Ballad/Anaconda in January 2005. Coming back we went wheels up just before midnight November 30th.

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Fax to Email

    dalewb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    825
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Fax to Email

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    After training at Fort Lewis, we departed McChord Air Force Base early morning December 22, 2004 and landed in Kuwait Christmas Day. We convoyed Ballad/Anaconda in January 2005. Coming back we went wheels up just before midnight November 30th.
    yeah we convoyed from kuwait, like everyone else. i don't believe i went to anaconda, if so was a brief in and out. i was around taji and a bit south.

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Fax to Email

    dalewb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    825
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Fax to Email

    sorry i will refrain from taking over the post....

  10. #10
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Fax to Email

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    34,054
    Rep Power
    984

    Re: Fax to Email

    Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    yeah we convoyed from kuwait, like everyone else. i don't believe i went to anaconda, if so was a brief in and out. i was around taji and a bit south.
    I was with a transportation unit. Taji was a frequent destination for our convoys.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here