• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Methedor
    Technician
    50+ Posts
    • Nov 2016

Fax to Email

Hello, everyone. I've been running into an issue with a client request. The client IT has attempted to configure what they call Fax to Email on an IM 350, but has ran into issues. They have experience setting up the Bizhubs for this and was configuring Internet-fax. My research along with my tech support contacts have been finding ways to receive fax and forward to email or various SMTP reception settings while the client is wanting transmission. The flow as describe should be [Faxnumber]@fax.xxx.com from the unit to their exchange sever and from their to a local fax server.

I have looked into and provided the fax area of the user manual, as mentioned above, sent information that appeared to fit scheme. Reportedly attempts have at least an E1 error. The Email in the fax App also has not solved the issue. I am wondering if I and my support contacts have just missed something small or are focused on an erroneous aspect of this. I do hope this makes a connection with someone here even if it is just a correction for my focus. Thank you, brain trust, for your time and effort.
  • copier tech
    Field Supervisor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2014

Re: Fax to Email

Originally posted by Methedor
    Hello, everyone. I've been running into an issue with a client request. The client IT has attempted to configure what they call Fax to Email on an IM 350, but has ran into issues. They have experience setting up the Bizhubs for this and was configuring Internet-fax. My research along with my tech support contacts have been finding ways to receive fax and forward to email or various SMTP reception settings while the client is wanting transmission. The flow as describe should be [Faxnumber]@fax.xxx.com from the unit to their exchange sever and from their to a local fax server.

I have looked into and provided the fax area of the user manual, as mentioned above, sent information that appeared to fit scheme. Reportedly attempts have at least an E1 error. The Email in the fax App also has not solved the issue. I am wondering if I and my support contacts have just missed something small or are focused on an erroneous aspect of this. I do hope this makes a connection with someone here even if it is just a correction for my focus. Thank you, brain trust, for your time and effort.

First add the email address to the address book you want to incoming faxes forwarded to.

Then go to fax reception setting & turn on forwarding etc.

Here's a handy little video.

How to Setup Fax Forwarding on Your Ricoh/Savin IM Series - YouTube

Comment

• KenB
      Geek Extraordinaire
      2,500+ Posts
      • Dec 2007

“I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Comment

• slimslob
        Retired
        Site Contributor
        25,000+ Posts
        • May 2013

There's an internet service that has been available for years called eFax. To send a fax just email to faxnumber]@efaxsend.com. You can also send from your computer or mobile device using their app. You also get a phone number that others can send faxes to. You receive them as an email attachment. They also have HIPPA compliant plans.

When I was in Iraq in 2005 couple of other senior NCOs and I had accounts with them. Came in quite handy when soldiers in our unit needed documents from their home unit. We would give the soldier one of our eFax numbers and tell them to have their unit fax the documents. None of our soldiers ever missed a cut off date for submitting a promotion packet.

There are probably other such services available.

Comment

• Methedor
          Technician
          50+ Posts
          • Nov 2016

KenB Slimslob: "There's an internet service that has been available for years called eFax. To send a fax just email to faxnumber]@efaxsend.com."

If i am understanding you correctly, provided that this is a similar service, it would be Scan to Email using the faxnumber and not Email under the Fax App (internet fax, IIRC)?

Thank you for reading and responding.

Comment

• dalewb74
            Senior Tech
            Site Contributor
            500+ Posts
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by slimslob
            There's an internet service that has been available for years called eFax. To send a fax just email to faxnumber]@efaxsend.com. You can also send from your computer or mobile device using their app. You also get a phone number that others can send faxes to. You receive them as an email attachment. They also have HIPPA compliant plans.

When I was in Iraq in 2005 couple of other senior NCOs and I had accounts with them. Came in quite handy when soldiers in our unit needed documents from their home unit. We would give the soldier one of our eFax numbers and tell them to have their unit fax the documents. None of our soldiers ever missed a cut off date for submitting a promotion packet.

There are probably other such services available.
            hey slim. was just reading your post. looks like you were rolling around baghdad the same time i was. though i left in march. so maybe not the same time. but we ran some of the same roads i am sure. SCOUTS OUT FRONT!!

Comment

• slimslob
              Retired
              Site Contributor
              25,000+ Posts
              • May 2013

Originally posted by dalewb74
              hey slim. was just reading your post. looks like you were rolling around baghdad the same time i was. though i left in march. so maybe not the same time. but we ran some of the same roads i am sure. SCOUTS OUT FRONT!!
              After training at Fort Lewis, we departed McChord Air Force Base early morning December 22, 2004 and landed in Kuwait Christmas Day. We convoyed Ballad/Anaconda in January 2005. Coming back we went wheels up just before midnight November 30th.

Comment

• dalewb74
                Senior Tech
                Site Contributor
                500+ Posts
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by slimslob
                After training at Fort Lewis, we departed McChord Air Force Base early morning December 22, 2004 and landed in Kuwait Christmas Day. We convoyed Ballad/Anaconda in January 2005. Coming back we went wheels up just before midnight November 30th.
                yeah we convoyed from kuwait, like everyone else. i don't believe i went to anaconda, if so was a brief in and out. i was around taji and a bit south.

Comment

• dalewb74
                  Senior Tech
                  Site Contributor
                  500+ Posts
                  • Feb 2018

sorry i will refrain from taking over the post....

Comment

• slimslob
                    Retired
                    Site Contributor
                    25,000+ Posts
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by dalewb74
                    yeah we convoyed from kuwait, like everyone else. i don't believe i went to anaconda, if so was a brief in and out. i was around taji and a bit south.
                    I was with a transportation unit. Taji was a frequent destination for our convoys.

Comment

Working...