X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Will
    Trusted Tech
    • Jun 2007

Ricoh SP6430dn won't run PDF files

Ricoh SP6430dn new machine keep getting intermittently mismatch paper size errors and everything is set for correct size and correct tray. And can't run PDF files.
    Is there suppose to be an SD card for PDF files, if so does anyone have a part number or product number for it?
  • anothertech
    Service Manager
    Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ricoh SP6430dn won't run PDF files

What print driver are you using? Make sure it's the Ricoh driver. Also, don't use the universal driver.

Comment

• Will
      Trusted Tech
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by anothertech
      What print driver are you using? Make sure it's the Ricoh driver. Also, don't use the universal driver.
      Not sure, client loaded whatever came up with plug and play. How do I identify if it's the universal driver? What's the correct one to use for windows 10 and 11?

Comment

• anothertech
        Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Nov 2007

Depends where your located. In the US, just go to ricoh-usa.com

Comment

• Lord F
          • Oct 2023

Probably installed as Web Service Device so printing will be painfully s..l..o..w... Also, it might be worth checking if PDFs are being viewed using Adobe Acrobat (other PDF viewers are available!) or through Edge web browser. If it is the latter, this could be the problem with printing PDFs. And the two issues together are a whole load of mess... So, in short, as previously mentioned - install on PCL6 using IP address on TCP/IP (not WSD/IPP assigned) and view using proper PDF viewer. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Will
            Trusted Tech
            • Jun 2007

Thanks for the info. Do you or anybody else know for sure if there is a Postscript SD card for this Ricoh SP6430dn? If so, can anyone tell me the product number or part number for it and where I can find one?

Comment

• copier tech
              Field Supervisor
              5,000+ Posts
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Will
              Thanks for the info. Do you or anybody else know for sure if there is a Postscript SD card for this Ricoh SP6430dn? If so, can anyone tell me the product number or part number for it and where I can find one?
              There is no Postscript option for the SP6430DN, in has onboard Porstscript support as standard.

This option is not required if printing in a Windows environment anyway.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Comment

• UNICORNico
                Trusted Tech
                250+ Posts
                • May 2018

Originally posted by Will
                You can also print through Apple's "AirPrint" Service, via IP and it should print without major problems.
                "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Comment

Working...