Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Question about "Resent Threads"

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    PS - And can we please get some mods to help limit all the spam? I think both slim and blackcat would do a fantastic job. I don't know if either want to be a mod. Just throwing it out there.
    @Admin
    Respectfully pushing up this.
    Can we get a new mod or not? If not why?
    PM me is ok. This thread is ok.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    As for me, leave What's New? as it is. Expand Recent Threads to show at least the last 24 hours for those that only are here a couple of times a day.
    Can't config it based on time but I adjusted it from 20 most recent to 30 most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    @Admin
    Respectfully pushing up this.
    Can we get a new mod or not? If not why?
    PM me is ok. This thread is ok.
    I sent you a PM but its a config issue, should be fixed in the spring and we can probably add a few moderators to assist but don't hold me to that time table.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Question about "Resent Threads"

I agree with most here that the political crap should be hidden in it's own forum. After years of avoiding the home page because of the polictical crap I can finally look at other threads instead going right to the Kon/Min forum.

Please leave home page as it is with the political crap in the Rants & Rave forum.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    Can't config it based on time but I adjusted it from 20 most recent to 30 most recent.

I sent you a PM but its a config issue, should be fixed in the spring and we can probably add a few moderators to assist but don't hold me to that time table.
    Hmm, I think some of us are trustworthy and reliable enough to take the responsibility to delete only spam and nothing else. If different parties start to delete each other options this would be the end of that Mod. Just my opinion. I would be more than happy to help Mods with reporting spammers and intruders on daily basis.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hmm, I think some of us are trustworthy and reliable enough to take the responsibility to delete only spam and nothing else. If different parties start to delete each other options this would be the end of that Mod. Just my opinion. I would be more than happy to help Mods with reporting spammers and intruders on daily basis.

Current plan is a software upgrade and server migration in the spring which should get us some cool new features, better security, and allow us to setup some moderators with proper permissions.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Re: Question about "Recent Threads"

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I've noticed that Recent Threads only shows 20 entries. That is the main reason I don't use it. I would rather just open the forum(s) I'm interested in.

I've also noticed that What's New allows you to see more entries but still has the Political threads. Aneurysm can you do for What's New what you did for Recent Threads? Or maybe add More Activity to Renent Threads?

I also noticed that!