Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    A great Toshiba YouTube channel

Lots of helpful repair videos made by an experienced Toshiba tech.

Hadley Hudson aka "The copydoc" - YouTube

If you want him to make any more videos just ask.

Re: A great Toshiba YouTube channel

A new video about Toshiba's Doc feeders. Cleaning the slit glass and changing the paper feed rollers.

Toshiba document feeder solutions - YouTube

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    A new video about Toshiba's Doc feeders. Cleaning the slit glass and changing the paper feed rollers.

Toshiba document feeder solutions - YouTube
    Extremely stupid for Toshiba to let the Mr. Customer change the rollers. Teach them also to blow off the sensors and clean transport rollers
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Extremely stupid for Toshiba to let the Mr. Customer change the rollers. Teach them also to blow off the sensors and clean transport rollers
    ... the videos are aimed at rookie and experienced Toshiba copier techs who really appreciate the easy to follow instruction.

In other videos on this site, there are instructions on how to blow off the sensors and clean transport rollers.

Depending on the situation and how far away the customer is, these videos can save both a lot of time and money.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

... the videos are aimed at rookie and experienced Toshiba copier techs who really appreciate the easy to follow instruction.

In other videos on this site, there are instructions on how to blow off the sensors and clean transport rollers.

Depending on the situation and how far away the customer is, these videos can save both a lot of time and money.
    You Tube engineering at its best. It used to be in service manuals and it is at least for brands I service now. Nothing against techs learning from watching tube.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Exactly! I started this company up selling rebuilt Ricoh's on Craigs List, so some of my customers where 4 to 5 hours away. They were told at the time of sale to have the local service rep service the machine. But, they kept calling me for help anyways. SO, that's how all of this got started. I would send them the part, make a video and they would install. Saved time, money and made for very happy customers that to this day still buy copiers off of me 12yrs later.
    Hadley "Copydoc"

Toshiba 2000ac, 2500ac, 2010ac, 2510 (PM) preventive maintenance

Toshiba 2000ac, 2500ac, 2010ac, 2510 (PM) preventive maintenance - YouTube

... I learn stuff with every video.

Bypass tire replacement for Toshiba copiers

Bypass tire replacement for Toshiba copiers - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    Exactly! I started this company up selling rebuilt Ricoh's on Craigs List, so some of my customers where 4 to 5 hours away. They were told at the time of sale to have the local service rep service the machine. But, they kept calling me for help anyways. SO, that's how all of this got started. I would send them the part, make a video and they would install. Saved time, money and made for very happy customers that to this day still buy copiers off of me 12yrs later.
    Hadley "Copydoc"
    Are you able to comment on this?

Re: Toshiba 3015AC color developer

I have put k developer in the color units. Toshiba will say you can't. The color will obviously be off at first but if you just run 100 full color copy's and consume the k toner that comes premixed with the developer, it eventually will dump enough new color toner in the unit to where it looks normal. I've done this many times and it hasn't caused any issues. I've even went as for to jump series. One time I threw in some toner from a 2440ac into a 4515ac and had no issue. No auto toner sensor issues, no dirty copies. I'll run auto toner sensor calibration and recalibrate image quality charts. Idk sometimes I think they just say you can't do certain things as to make more money.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Are you able to comment on this?

Re: Toshiba 3015AC color developer

I have put k developer in the color units. Toshiba will say you can't. The color will obviously be off at first but if you just run 100 full color copy's and consume the k toner that comes premixed with the developer, it eventually will dump enough new color toner in the unit to where it looks normal. I've done this many times and it hasn't caused any issues. I've even went as for to jump series. One time I threw in some toner from a 2440ac into a 4515ac and had no issue. No auto toner sensor issues, no dirty copies. I'll run auto toner sensor calibration and recalibrate image quality charts. Idk sometimes I think they just say you can't do certain things as to make more money.
    I had to run several hundred sky shots but it finally replenished the magenta toner (3505AC) using K developer in the magenta developer unit. I don't see an issue with doing this. After running the sky shots, adjusting the auto toner sensor, closed-loop control and registration all is well.