Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New Color Machines, TASKalfa 500ci, 400ci, 300ci, 250ci

Did anyone else see the new Saturn color machines at the Kyocera kickoff last week? They should be available this December in the US. The model numbers will be TASKalfa 500ci, 400ci, 300ci, 250ci.

All 4 machines were all up and running on display and looked really good. All black design with some silver accents, 8bit color with a new microfine toner. Very similar accessories to the current lineup except for the black covers and there is now two different doc feed options (dual scan or RADF).

The samples they were printing off looked great. For the fist time ever, I was actually impressed with the print quality coming from a Kyocera color machine. I think it looks as good or better then the current stuff from Konica Minolta but I can't be sure until I get them side by side in a showroom. it is definitely an improvement of the Voyager print quality.

TASKalfa 500ci = 50ppm color / 40ppm mono
    TASKalfa 400ci = 40ppm color / 40ppm mono
    TASKalfa 300ci = 30ppm color / 30ppm mono
    TASKalfa 250ci = 25ppm color / 25ppm mono

They showed a bunch of other stuff including the replacements for the KM-6030 and 8030 which should launch in the spring of 2009.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    yeah, i got to see them in Dallas. nice improvement. i was more excited about the FS that is replacing the KM-1820.

Any pic's? or links?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    here are the only pics i took only had my cell phone..didnt think to bring digital camera.
    the new machine replacing the 6030/8030
    and the new taskalfa 500 series
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    here are the only pics i took only had my cell phone..didnt think to bring digital camera.
    the new machine replacing the 6030/8030
    and the new taskalfa 500 series
    Nice one.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thanks, Always forget about the camera on my phone

thefinisher

Time will learn

I'm not a fan of entire black machines, but so what, when quality is OK and is improved against the old machines then i m happy.

Couldn't be worst
    Last edited by thefinisher; 10-15-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Just a brick in the wall 100+ Posts Absurd's Avatar

Cool

I like the all black design. Its going to save alot of my time scrubing those ink pen marks off.
    I was very impressed with the new color line. It looked good and the copy quality was very impresive. I was talking to Keith Mcmanus about them before the dinner over at the bar the second night and he was telling us about all the new technology that went into this machine and it sounded like kyocera finally got their act together on the color thing. I tried telling him color was just a fad and wouldnt last to the end of the year but he swares color is the way to go...... bahhh humbug.
    Southern Duplicating of Mississippi
    PSN: DrAbsurd (if you know you know)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Franky Tan

Kyocera NEW color machine

Hi ! may i ask u a basic question ? How to check color machine is 4bit or 8bit ? hopefully u can help me .Thankyou.

Bertrann1985
    Hi everyone,

i'm new here at this board...
    I've seen the first prints of the taskAlfa and i must say the are stunning....
    I'd never seen the pictures of the new 6030 before so thanks for those photo's...