PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 223

Custom Search

copyman
01-10-2017, 03:37 AM
This account is a good distance from my shop and wanted to get some insight before heading out. The customer said drawer 1 doesn't close right and they have to shut really hard for it to stay closed & for it to work. When they close it regular it sticks out a little so they have to push really hard.

I told them to take paper out of drawer 1 and only use 2. They called back and said when they receive a fax it keeps telling them to put paper in drawer 1. Which brings me to my next question, where is the setting to change what drawer faxes feed from? Or at least what manual it is in. I looked through a few of the user manuals and didn't see anything. Without being in front of the machine it is hard to remember some of the settings that aren't used much.

Thanks in advance

copier tech
01-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Most likely is there is paper trapped behind tray 1 stopping it from closing correctly, or the paper trays/latch can break they are only plastic.

You can change the paper try options using the utility/counter button scroll through the options you will find it.

Rvale
01-10-2017, 11:40 AM
you can fid it on the service manual, age 195 is the easyest way to sort it out.

copier addict
01-10-2017, 01:32 PM
On the feed assembly there is a lever that drops the pick-up roller. Where that lever contacts the paper tray develops a burr and makes it difficult to close the tray. Smooth that area with a piece of emery cloth or fine sand paper. That will make the tray easier to close.

Custom Search