X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rightbrained
    Technician
    • Oct 2014

[Jamming] Jamming from all sources

I fired up my C451 Bizhub after 6 months of idleness. The first sheet ran throughout, but the second sheet jammed at the side access panel. Now, it jams from every tray and the bypass tray also. There was no tearing in the original jam, so there is not bits of paper stuck somewhere.
    The jams occur right at the trays or the bypass... the paper never actually makes it into the machine.
    No error codes... unless there's a way to get them from a service mode or something.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, I'm a novice end user. I buy old copiers and offer cheap copy and print service to my rural community. I can only make ends meet by doing repairs myself until it costs more to repair than machine is worth, I then move on to another. Please be kind. Covid has been really hard on me... this is my first job in 6 months.
  • srvctec
    Former KM Senior Tech
    500+ Posts
    • Oct 2009

Re: Jamming from all sources

Originally posted by rightbrained
    I fired up my C451 Bizhub after 6 months of idleness. The first sheet ran throughout, but the second sheet jammed at the side access panel. Now, it jams from every tray and the bypass tray also. There was no tearing in the original jam, so there is not bits of paper stuck somewhere.
    The jams occur right at the trays or the bypass... the paper never actually makes it into the machine.
    No error codes... unless there's a way to get them from a service mode or something.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, I'm a novice end user. I buy old copiers and offer cheap copy and print service to my rural community. I can only make ends meet by doing repairs myself until it costs more to repair than machine is worth, I then move on to another. Please be kind. Covid has been really hard on me... this is my first job in 6 months.
    There should be at least a jam code if that feature was turned on in service mode. If not, go into service mode and check jam counters, which will give you the codes and at least a starting point to go from for troubleshooting.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Comment

• tsbservice
      Field tech
      Site Contributor
      5,000+ Posts
      • May 2007

What you mean by jams from every tray? Is it ever coming to ready? If so is it trying to grab paper easiest to spot is from bypass tray? As srvctec suggested go into service mode and check paper jam history.
      A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
      Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• srvctec
        Former KM Senior Tech
        500+ Posts
        • Oct 2009

Please give directions to get to jam codes.
        Utility, stop 00 stop 01 doesn't work... itbtakes me to option #1 under the utility menu.
        Sounds like you missed a step. Utility, details and then stop 0,0,stop,0,1
        Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Comment

• rightbrained
          Technician
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by tsbservice
          What you mean by jams from every tray? Is it ever coming to ready? If so is it trying to grab paper easiest to spot is from bypass tray? As srvctec suggested go into service mode and check paper jam history.
          From bypass, pulls sheet in 1/2" and jams. Still trying to learn how to get to jam codes... path found online doesn't work: utility, stop 00 stop 01. This takes me to option #1 under the utility menu.

Comment

• rightbrained
            Technician
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by srvctec
            Sounds like you missed a step. Utility, details and then stop 0,0,stop,0,1
            Ahh. Got it.
            J75-42
            J72-24

Comment

• blackcat4866
              Master Of The Obvious
              Site Contributor
              10,000+ Posts
              • Jul 2007

Those are finisher jams

J72-24 is a jam in the booklet folder PS26
              J75-42 is a jam at paper pass sensor PS202 & PS39 (horizontal transport unit)

Check areas #4, #5, & #8 in this diagram:

PS39_PS202.jpg

=^..^=
              If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
              1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
              2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
              3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
              4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
              5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• rightbrained
                Technician
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by blackcat4866
                Those are finisher jams

J72-24 is a jam in the booklet folder PS26
                J75-42 is a jam at paper pass sensor PS202 & PS39 (horizontal transport unit)

Check areas #4, #5, & #8 in this diagram:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52162[/ATTACH]

=^..^=
                I think I'm getting close. You've been extremely helpful. Not sure if I got the jam codes from the right spot. The following links are to photos of the 5 different screens available. Sorry about the external links, I could not get these images to upload to copytechnet. VillageofManito.com is a website I run for the village I live.

Comment

• femaster
                  Service Manager
                  1,000+ Posts
                  • May 2011

I think I'm getting close. You've been extremely helpful. Not sure if I got the jam codes from the right spot. The following links are to photos of the 5 different screens available. Sorry about the external links, I could not get these images to upload to copytechnet. VillageofManito.com is a website I run for the village I live.

http://www.villageofmanito.com/image...217_181210.jpg
                  Those are the wrong area. That jam section just tells you how many times each jam code has happened through the lifetime of the copier. You need to select the area that says something to the affect of "Jam History". This will give you a list of jams in chronological order, starting with the most recent. You will know you are in the correct area when you see jam codes (J####) with a date and time next to each one.
                  A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
                  My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

• rightbrained
                    Technician
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by femaster
                    Those are the wrong area. That jam section just tells you how many times each jam code has happened through the lifetime of the copier. You need to select the area that says something to the affect of "Jam History". This will give you a list of jams in chronological order, starting with the most recent. You will know you are in the correct area when you see jam codes (J####) with a date and time next to each one.
                    I appreciate your patience as I navigate through this. I finally found the correct area.
                    The first jam that started this was 1710 after that I've gotten 1001 after every print attempt.
                    From what I've found... maybe tray 2 sensor? Not understanding Step #6 on attached from service manual (I finally found one) to complete sensor check.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rightbrained; 02-19-2022, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• blackcat4866
                      Master Of The Obvious
                      Site Contributor
                      10,000+ Posts
                      • Jul 2007

10-01: Misfeed at manual bypass

Have you tried another paper source? =^..^=
                      If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
                      1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
                      2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
                      3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
                      4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
                      5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

Working...