PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Konica tech in Las Vegas for piece meal work.

Custom Search

wjurls
08-29-2023, 04:06 PM
Looking for a tech that can help me out with my remote customer in Las Vegas. Machine in question is a Bizhub C258 with print quality issue.

PM me if you can help.

Lee

Gift
08-29-2023, 04:14 PM
Can it wait till the Formula 1 event?^^

tsbservice
08-29-2023, 08:23 PM
Looking for a tech that can help me out with my remote customer in Las Vegas. Machine in question is a Bizhub C258 with print quality issue.

PM me if you can help.

Lee
What's the issue?

That makes me laugh 😅

wjurls
08-29-2023, 09:38 PM

LOL, I was hoping they could wait until I was out for SEMA at the beginning of Nov.

wjurls
08-29-2023, 09:43 PM
What's the issue?

Apparently an unknown print quality issue. Says it won't print cyan even though it has toner.

Also mentions errors but doesn't specify code. Awaiting a specific on that still.

tsbservice
08-29-2023, 09:59 PM
Apparently an unknown print quality issue. Says it won't print cyan even though it has toner.

Also mentions errors but doesn't specify code. Awaiting a specific on that still.

Looks like you will need good tech cyan dev unit may be depleted. I would check consumables life and counters all you need is remote panel setup and access to their PC.

wjurls
08-29-2023, 10:48 PM
Looks like you will need good tech cyan dev unit may be depleted. I would check consumables life and counters all you need is remote panel setup and access to their PC.

Yup, That's why I need a tech that go go take a look. I can drop ship parts. Dev units nowhere near life on this machine.

copyman
08-30-2023, 12:09 AM
Yup, That's why I need a tech that go go take a look. I can drop ship parts. Dev units nowhere near life on this machine.

How about the drums, are they they at "0" %?

Sounds like the Cyan dev dumped which is usually caused by over life drum(s).

Simple enough to see if dev dumped, walk customer through procedure over phone to get into service mode, state confirmation, level history 1.
I suspect cyan level will be around "0".

Tech can add some aftermarket dev to get level around 6.5%.

Another option is ship customer cyan drum for them to install and then add cyan toner in service mode to bring level up.

wjurls
08-31-2023, 12:12 AM
How about the drums, are they they at "0" %?

Sounds like the Cyan dev dumped which is usually caused by over life drum(s).

Simple enough to see if dev dumped, walk customer through procedure over phone to get into service mode, state confirmation, level history 1.
I suspect cyan level will be around "0".

Tech can add some aftermarket dev to get level around 6.5%.

Another option is ship customer cyan drum for them to install and then add cyan toner in service mode to bring level up.

Drums all at 50%, Dev units at 87% remaining. Cyan completely blank. Customer says happened all at once.

copyman
08-31-2023, 01:06 AM
Drums all at 50%, Dev units at 87% remaining. Cyan completely blank. Customer says happened all at once.

If that is the case you are correct a tech needs to look at it. Could be the dev unit isn't turning, bad print head or high voltage.

wjurls
08-31-2023, 04:35 PM
If that is the case you are correct a tech needs to look at it. Could be the dev unit isn't turning, bad print head or high voltage.

Yeah, looks like a road trip is in my future. I'll make the best of it. They have some 1052's and a C14000 I need to get connected anyway.

Thanks.

copyman
08-31-2023, 11:22 PM
Just remember on your road trip, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!:D

wjurls
08-31-2023, 11:42 PM
Just remember on your road trip, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!:D

LOL, this hasn't been my experience. It usually follows me around like on The Hangover.

copyman
09-01-2023, 01:53 AM
LOL, this hasn't been my experience. It usually follows me around like on The Hangover.

LOL, same here. I can't get away with anything!

Custom Search