PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C352 fuser

Custom Search

saidva
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I usually only work on Ricohs, but the fuser on our Bizhub C352 is about to go out. We have a spare, but does anyone have the instructions for how to replace it? Thanks.

JustManuals
09-22-2009, 09:30 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mitchl
09-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Under the front door on the right there is a small plate remove it and undo the 2 connectors, then in the crotch or where the paper exits if you dont have a finisher there is another little cover plate on the rear side of the exit area remove it and undo 1 connector. Open the right end of the machine and remove 2 screws holding the fuser in........ Done!

saidva
09-23-2009, 09:41 PM
I found the plate to get at the first two connectors, but I can't understand how to get to that last connector. For some reason, I just can't figure it out from the description. Could somebody describe it to me another way?

saidva
09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Great, thanks, I found the other connector with no trouble. So I removed the old fuser from the machine, and took the new one out of the box, and --

There's no white connector on the new fuser.

This is ridiculous -- what am I supposed to do, take the connector out of the old fuser and rewire it into the new one? You have got to be kidding.

I'm sorry that this simple replacement is turning into such a saga, but what is going on here??

copytechman
09-24-2009, 09:17 PM
If you have the correct fuser it should look the same as the one you've just removed. Whats the PN# on the box of the "new" fuser?

Regards!
A.

lucky13
09-24-2009, 09:23 PM
bizhub C253 = fuser part # A02ER73300

bizhub C352 = fuser part # 9J06R70600

saidva
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
The label on the box says Part No. 9J06R70600. Fuser, 120 Volts. Made in China.

So it should be the right part, but it clearly isn't the same. Everything looks the same on both, except that there's no connector on the new one. Fusers have sensors on them, so I kind of think that it has to have a connector (besides the heating wires).

This is strange.

pepper38_cnd
09-24-2009, 09:46 PM
The connector could be white, black, or grey. Are you saying there is no connector, other than the one with the leads that connects in front?

saidva
09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes, that's what I'm saying -- there is no connector on the fuser at all, except for the two sets of heater wires in the front.

The boss now tells me that this same thing happened a few years ago. The tech tried to move the connector and the wires from the old fuser to the new one, but he couldn't get it to work -- so he cut the wires and tried to splice them together. But the wires are all the same color, so he screwed that up too, and the machine was down for two weeks. I'm not going to go that route.

The new fuser has been sitting on the shelf for a long time, so I'm not sure if I can return it. Maybe I should just order a new one, and hope that it comes with a connector on it.

What a mess.

The machine is still printing, even though it's asking for a new fuser. Is it going to stop making copies at some point if it's not replaced soon?

mrwho
09-25-2009, 04:59 PM
You can reset it with a fuse (you can find it inside the fuser unit, somewhere near the connectors - just take out the covers and look for it).

EDIT: Check this thread (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/18978-bizhub-c352-fuser-reset.html).

saidva
10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I think I figured out what happened to the missing white connector. After some further discussion with the boss, it turns out that I didn't have the story exactly right.

When the tech removed the fuser from the machine, he opened the front panel and disconnected the heater wires. But he didn't know where the other panel to unplug the white connector was. (I didn't know either, but I had the good sense to ask.) So after disconnecting the other wires, he just yanked the fuser out of the machine. The white connector popped out (despite the small latch on it) but it wasn't damaged. So far so good.

But now he had to install the new fuser in the machine -- and he couldn't do it. He wanted to plug the cable in first and then put the fuser in the machine, but the cable isn't long enough. And if you put the fuser in first, then you can't reach the cable because the fuser's in the way.

So he needed a longer cable, and that's when he decided to get creative. And that's where the connector and the cable went -- after he botched the splice job, he probably just took the remains of it with him. But he left the new fuser in the box (without the connector), because we had paid for it, and we would have noticed if it was gone.

So I ordered a new fuser, and after it's installed and working I'll take the new and old fusers apart and see if I can make one good one out of them. But not until the machine is working -- I'm somewhat more prudent than that moron.

-- Doug McNeil

pepper38_cnd
10-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks for filling in the gaps! I hope he learned from his mistakes, at least you did.

mitchl
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
I should have just posted a picture of it to avoid all this!

pepper38_cnd
10-01-2009, 11:53 PM
mitchl is right! A pictures worth 1000 words.

mitchl
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I just read back up the thread and cant stop laughing, I know its not funny but good god!

saidva
10-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Well, you know, sometimes a series of events is so ridiculous that you just have to laugh about it, even if it happens to you. I'm glad you got a good laugh from it (I wrote it to be funny), and I hope that others did too. Ah, life in the trenches.

So now it's the weekend, and I'm just back from a week's vacation, and my new fuser should be there when I get in to work on Monday. I'll install it first thing (using the correct procedure, needless to say), so the machine won't be asking for it anymore.

And I'll let you all know how the reconstruction comes out. I actually have two old fusers that are near the end of their lifespans (we never throw anything away), so I can cut one apart and leave the other intact, as an exemplar to guide me. (I still don't know if the guy cut the wires or just disconnected them, or what.) And if rebuilding it (offline) doesn't work, then the copier will still be running, so nothing is lost. And if it does work, then I'll save the company 400 bucks.

So thank you for your kind comment, mitchl -- I was hoping that you guys could laugh about this.

And thank you to all of the rest of you, for all of your help -- it was invaluable. I'll let you guys know how this thing comes out.

-- Doug McNeil

mrwho
10-11-2009, 10:33 AM
You do that. Good luck!

PS: Vacations, eh? You lucky bastard! :p

Custom Search