• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuby
    Senior Tech

1,000+ Posts
    • Oct 2007

Bizhub C300i will not scan after upgrade to windows 11

Customer upgraded their Windows 10 computer to Windows 11 and now their Bizhub C300i will no longer scan to their computer. Can not find the issue and hoping someone has a solution to this. Passwords have not changed, scan folders have not changed. They have another Windows 10 computer (different folder) and it scan fine to that one just not the Windows 11 computer.

Thanks
  • Gift
    Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
    • Mar 2011

Re: Bizhub C300i will not scan after upgrade to windows 11

Originally posted by kuby
    Customer upgraded their Windows 10 computer to Windows 11 and now their Bizhub C300i will no longer scan to their computer. Can not find the issue and hoping someone has a solution to this. Passwords have not changed, scan folders have not changed. They have another Windows 10 computer (different folder) and it scan fine to that one just not the Windows 11 computer.

Thanks
    Can you access the windows 11 folder from the windows 10 PC? Might be related to firmware or SMB version setting.

Comment

• Synthohol
      Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
      5,000+ Posts
      • Mar 2016

what is the scan error code?
      you may have to enable code display.
      We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
      The medication helps though...

Comment

• emujo2
        Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
        • Mar 2017

SMB 1.0 is disabled on Win 11, and you may need to set the machine up to scan only using SMB 2.0/3.0..Hope you are billing for your time.

Comment

• techsxge
          Senior Tech

Site Contributor
          500+ Posts
          • Jan 2022

To enable smb v1 in Windows 11, just open up a powershell.exe as administrator and execute following commands:

Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol $true

It might be needed to deactivate v2/3:

Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB2Protocol $false

Please Note that smb v1 has gotten so worse in terms of security, that even microsoft decided to kick it out (Microsoft always tries to keep services running for as long as possibly).
          The Comands i provided will allow you to easily fix your scanning issue but will possibly create new threats. Please try to switch to smb v2/3 as soon as possible.

Comment

• femaster
            Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
            • May 2011

A C300i is more than capable of scanning to SMB V2, so there shouldn't be any need to activate V1 on the Windows 11 PC and create a potential security issue. I'd look into moving everything over to V2 before I'd even consider lowering the security on the Win 11 PC. Just my opinion of course.
            A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
            My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

• techsxge
              Senior Tech

Site Contributor
              500+ Posts
              • Jan 2022

Originally posted by femaster
              A C300i is more than capable of scanning to SMB V2, so there shouldn't be any need to activate V1 on the Windows 11 PC and create a potential security issue. I'd look into moving everything over to V2 before I'd even consider lowering the security on the Win 11 PC. Just my opinion of course.
              Yes, as i said it would be better to upgrade to v2 asap.
              But sometimes, you have a customer who has been stuck up on this issue for a couple days because no tech was available for that time and now they need to do scans worth 2-3 days of work. Then it would be better for tec to let them do that work asap and as soon as they have done the big work the tech can then upgrade to v2 in peace.

Comment

• Synthohol
                Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
                5,000+ Posts
                • Mar 2016

1. Request to use SMB2.0 on this product series.DipSW to change support SMB versions for the SMB client functions.DipSW No.219 (bit 2)Software SW No.219 0x00: SMB1.0/2.0 are available. (default) Software SW No.219 0x04: Only SMB2.0 is available.

that was with the 4 series and the 8 series IIRC
                pretty sure i series too it just wasnt documented in the manuals i have for a couple of them.

also make sure their version of window$11 isnt the "Home" version, home version of anything makes scanning miserable.
                We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
                The medication helps though...

Comment

• tsbservice
                  Field tech

Site Contributor
                  5,000+ Posts
                  • May 2007

I would go into web interface and make sure only SMB2 and SMB3 are enabled.

@Synthohol new machines come with network error display turned on by default.
                  A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
                  Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• BillyCarpenter
                    Field Supervisor

Site Contributor
                    VIP Subscriber
                    10,000+ Posts
                    • Aug 2020

Assuming you've got your SMB version right...are you using the hostname or IP address? If hostname, have you checked to see if it's being resolved? Is the folder shared correctly? I've had cases where a pending Windows update would break SMB.

Is network public or private? Needs to be set to private.
                    Adversity temporarily visits a strong man but stays with the weak for a lifetime.

Comment

• Markks
                      Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
                      VIP Subscriber
                      250+ Posts
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by BillyCarpenter
                      Assuming you've got your SMB version right...are you using the hostname or IP address? If hostname, have you checked to see if it's being resolved? Is the folder shared correctly? I've had cases where a pending Windows update would break SMB.

Is network public or private? Needs to be set to private.
                      If they set w11 up by the way Microsoft wants you to with a Microsoft account instead of a local user that could be a problem also. You can google how to setup a w11 without a microsoft account.

Comment

• BillyCarpenter
                        Field Supervisor

Site Contributor
                        VIP Subscriber
                        10,000+ Posts
                        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Markks
                        If they set w11 up by the way Microsoft wants you to with a Microsoft account instead of a local user that could be a problem also. You can google how to setup a w11 without a microsoft account.
                        Agreed. +1
                        Adversity temporarily visits a strong man but stays with the weak for a lifetime.

Comment

• bsm2
                          IT Manager

25,000+ Posts
                          • Feb 2008

Create a new folder and test it.

Comment

• techsxge
                            Senior Tech

Site Contributor
                            500+ Posts
                            • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Markks
                            1+ on this.
                            Disconnect PC from Internet and then try to create a user. It should give you an option to create a offline or local account.

Comment

• kuby
                              Senior Tech

1,000+ Posts
                              • Oct 2007

Thanks for the hints. Will try some of them out and let you know.

Comment

Working...